2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

I think the Jersey Surf won that trophy in a landslide this year.

I highly doubt Surf got the reaction of Crown... yes their show was fun - I agree with that - loved party rock, but Crown has it.

• Like 1

I think the Jersey Surf won that trophy in a landslide this year.

Agree.

And thus ends drum corps for me in '12 (dont really have a connection to DCA). Next for me is NHL blogging, assuming the season starts on time. It's been fun y'all, see you on the NHL Thread.

You should check out DCA Championships. It's a super-fun low-key weekend. I think you'd enjoy it a lot.

I highly doubt Surf got the reaction of Crown... yes their show was fun - I agree with that - loved party rock, but Crown has it.

They had far and away the biggest crowd reactions at Allentown, quarterfinals and semifinals. And they did it in Indy with half a crowd in the stands.

I love that someone down voted me for just posting something I saw on facebook. >.< Now even messengers get down votes? Nice to know...

Brasso: The post that you quoted from me about GE you seemed to have missed the point/humor in it of them basically saying Crown's Book was too easy for Crown so they marked them down... with crown's book being the hardest...

That's what makes this game fun, and forces corps like Devils to raise their game every year. I can't wait to see what they all come up with for next year. In the case of Devils, I think we're going to see a reinvention. They do it about every five years or so...

First it took an ancient battle between Slaves and the Roman Republic, then it took a battle between Angels and Demons, and now.. it apparently will have to take more effort than what the entire Common Good could muster to overthrow BD! :w00t:

I think the moral of the story is... Wacky or War wins DCI. (or alliteration purposes)

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

from tonights Blog:

Michael Boo: Unfortunately, perhaps only 10% of the audience is left in the stands to witness it. Michael Reed from yesterday's Semifinals blog concurs with that figure.

Michael Boo: If anyone wants to get a great seat for the run-through, they can pretty much write their own ticket.

• Like 1

Jersey Surf goes on generally at earlier times and thus before smaller crowds than the later appearing Carolina Crown does. So it can be hard to tell. But in the shows I attended in which Jersey Surf and Crown competed in smaller shows, Jersey Surf certainly got the equal of great audience response with that of Carolina Crown if not a better audience response to their show than did Carolina Crown. Both are entirely different shows, and clearly Crown is WAY more talented in all Corps sections, and both got GREAT audience receptions to their 2012 show productions this year. This part is undeniable anyway, imo.

Edited by BRASSO