2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

The shot of BD, they're marching around 80bpm.

One still shot frozen in time is not what the judge percieves and is NOT to percieve.

One could also argue that moving well at a slow tempo involves serious balance and body control skills just as well as someone running one's ### off. Try marching at a slow tempo sometime and make sure you're not wobbling and jiggling around like a drunk, and oh, make sure your feet move smoothly and aren't staggering, either..

Nothing is absolute in the activity. NOTHING.

• Like 1

Indeed. I liked the show very, very much, I didn't expect many folks to like it, and Dada does and did cause virulent crowd reactions.

Unfortunately, Crown, with one of the best jacked up hornlines of all time without a book or show to truly showcase them for what they are- a good book and show, but not the spectacular show they needed to have, is not enough to get it done. Percussion sunk their boat. Maybe the superhero outfits, too. I'll take the Dadaist costumes and the stick horsies over Crown-Man and Carolina-Girl any day.

I gotta know, with that kind of taste, what is your favorite movie? tongue.gif

Try marching at a slow tempo sometime and make sure you're not wobbling and jiggling around like a drunk, and oh, make sure your feet move smoothly and aren't staggering, either..

Well, they certainly do a lot of the latter too, albeit purposefully. So I can't see your point about nothing being 'absolut', a lot of it is. No pun there.

These fights and condescending arguments get us no where... Was anyone really confident Crown was gonna overtake BD last night? Much as i like Crown and wanted to see them win, BD won fair and square. If u truly think of both corps ask yourselves this question.... BD have weaknesses? None glaring.... Crown have weaknesses? Perc- bigtime glaring weakness to the other captions. Let's give credit, BD is the mark of consistency and the judges agreed. I don't like their show n didn't want them to win, but they were deserving!

Wes P

At least things are better here than they are on Facebook. It's amazing how many people from both sides of the arguments can act like complete jerks because their corps won or didn't win. You would think we'd see more of it here, but nope. I'm seeing tons of "You just hate us cause we win""Don't let those haters get to you" posts from people, and lots of "DCI screwed Crown".

Thank you DCP for being better than expected. There's still some people making stupid arguments, but we're doing much better than Facebook this morning.

• Like 1

:)!!! Good call...

"You just hate us cause we win"

There is WAY more truth in this than you or anyone on DCP is willing to admit. REALLY wanting your team to win clouds your enjoyment of the team above yours, that is fact. If BD was in 4th or 5th place, I surmise that a ton of the people who are right now saying that they sucked and they hate the show would be saying much nicer things than that. If you don't believe that is fact you are deluding yourself.

• Like 1

There is WAY more truth in this than you or anyone on DCP is willing to admit. REALLY wanting your team to win clouds your enjoyment of the team above yours, that is fact. If BD was in 4th or 5th place, I surmise that a ton of the people who are right now saying that they sucked and they hate the show would be saying much nicer things than that. If you don't believe that is fact you are deluding yourself.

I'm not saying it's not true, but it's a gross over-grneralization to say everyone hates the Blue Devils just because they have 15 titles. I honestly did not like their show design, I thought it was convoluted and over-complicated for no reason. And I hated the uniforms. But they could have been placing 15th, and I still would have not liked it. Blue Knights did a show in a similar visual and artistic vein as BD, and I didn't like that one either. It's an artistic thing, not a competitive thing. I've won before, I've got a gold medal and a ring, so I know what it's like. But if someone doesn't like my corps, I'm not going to tell them they're just jealous. I sadly feel like that's the go-to reaction for some BD fans, instead of trying to find out what people don't like, and engaging in a conversation. it's just easier to lump them into some big group of people who just "hate BD because they're successful" and that's just not fair. I know not everyone does it, but it really takes one or two bad fans to ruin the reputation of a corps for a large group of people.