To the 2012 Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps Marching Members

Just got done watching final run through at beech grove...they were on fire. If its that's good tonight they'll break 90 for sure. Run through was better than last two nights.

I wish the cavies the very best tonight but I hope these are just growing pains of a new staff and not signs of a staff that is not up to the challenge.

To the 2012 Marching Members:

Gentlemen,

I know a majority of you will not see this, believe me I understand the amount of focus you are having right now for your final performance, but I wish to write this anyway.

I have never been more proud to call myself an Alumni of this corps. What you have accomplished this year is nothing short of outstanding. The amount of obstacles you have had to overcome to achieve the greatness that I saw last night on the Semifinals broadcast left me speechless, and I commend you greatly for that. I will not lie, at the beginning of this year I was not sure about this show. To be honest I felt it lacked that Cavalier feel that we have known for so long, but you have made me a believer. The sheer amount of work I know that you have put into this show over the last 3 months has changed my thinking and this is one of my favorite shows in a long time. I congratulate you on that.

Tonight is it, Finals. You started back in November of 2011 with the goal of making it to tonight, and you have done it. Do not take it for granted. There are many other corps that would love to be in the position you are in. This is the culmination of all the blood, sweat, tears, and fun that you have had since that fateful weekend in November and I know that you are going to give us a performance for the ages.

I know you've probably heard it from the JOs and Staff (Chris Lugo liked to remind us of this as well) but this will be the last time this particular group of Cavaliers perform together...ever. Think about that. You will never perform with this exact group of men ever again. It almost seems surreal at first. I ask only this of you. Cherish these last few hours you have with your brothers. Do not forget them, the good and the bad. You, especially the age outs, will come to really miss the times that you spent with these men over this summer, they will be your best memories throughout your life.

Go out there tonight and be Cavaliers. Nothing else needs to be said. No inspiring speech or rousing song is needed, you men know what you need to do and you have been trained by the best to do it. I am proud to call you all my brothers, and rest assured I will be cheering hard for you tonight.

Throw down, make em wet, and most importantly have the time of your lives.

Jeremy Logan

FMM 2004. 05, 06

SPLOOIE

WHOOP!

To the 2012 Marching Members:

Gentlemen,

I know a majority of you will not see this, believe me I understand the amount of focus you are having right now for your final performance, but I wish to write this anyway.

I have never been more proud to call myself an Alumni of this corps. What you have accomplished this year is nothing short of outstanding. The amount of obstacles you have had to overcome to achieve the greatness that I saw last night on the Semifinals broadcast left me speechless, and I commend you greatly for that. I will not lie, at the beginning of this year I was not sure about this show. To be honest I felt it lacked that Cavalier feel that we have known for so long, but you have made me a believer. The sheer amount of work I know that you have put into this show over the last 3 months has changed my thinking and this is one of my favorite shows in a long time. I congratulate you on that.

Tonight is it, Finals. You started back in November of 2011 with the goal of making it to tonight, and you have done it. Do not take it for granted. There are many other corps that would love to be in the position you are in. This is the culmination of all the blood, sweat, tears, and fun that you have had since that fateful weekend in November and I know that you are going to give us a performance for the ages.

I know you've probably heard it from the JOs and Staff (Chris Lugo liked to remind us of this as well) but this will be the last time this particular group of Cavaliers perform together...ever. Think about that. You will never perform with this exact group of men ever again. It almost seems surreal at first. I ask only this of you. Cherish these last few hours you have with your brothers. Do not forget them, the good and the bad. You, especially the age outs, will come to really miss the times that you spent with these men over this summer, they will be your best memories throughout your life.

Go out there tonight and be Cavaliers. Nothing else needs to be said. No inspiring speech or rousing song is needed, you men know what you need to do and you have been trained by the best to do it. I am proud to call you all my brothers, and rest assured I will be cheering hard for you tonight.

Throw down, make em wet, and most importantly have the time of your lives.

Jeremy Logan

FMM 2004. 05, 06

SPLOOIE

Well said..

Splooie