HOPING FOR A TIE TONIGHT

That would have been great. Get a 13 corps Finals going instead of just the 12. Get an extra performance for free, since they don't have the Open Class champion do an exhibition anymore, do they?

I'm pretty sure Oregon opened the show tonight.

• Like 1

Before scores were announced in '96 I don't think there was a single person associated with Phantom who had thought they had won. Even if it was a tie, I have no doubt how much they appreciated it.

Looking at an old VHS tape of finals, you can see Phantom's staff standing behind the corps reacting quite positiviely when the results were announced.

I remember calling the Phantom Regiment score hotline at 1:00 am and hanging up in complete disabelief as to what I had just heard.

Edited by LincolnV

I'm pretty sure Oregon opened the show tonight.

Really? Awesome! I didn't know if they still did that. I always remember it being a cool way to start the show, plus was a huge hype for the Open Class/Div.2/Div.3 kids who might not have gotten the chance to perform in front of a huge Finals crowd like that.

• Like 1

I don't think you're gonna get your wish. Looked at the DCI site and the breakdowns of the last round going in. Crown's just got a couple of captions that are keeping them away from the win or tie.

Correct. Crown is fantastic again this year. They just didn't design the show to take the gold. Again.

• Like 1

Really? Awesome! I didn't know if they still did that. I always remember it being a cool way to start the show, plus was a huge hype for the Open Class/Div.2/Div.3 kids who might not have gotten the chance to perform in front of a huge Finals crowd like that.

Oregon is performing tonight.

Before scores were announced in '96 I don't think there was a single person associated with Phantom who had thought they had won. Even if it was a tie, I have no doubt how much they appreciated it.

Looking at an old VHS tape of finals, you can see Phantom's staff standing behind the corps reacting quite positiviely when the results were announced.

I remember calling the Phantom Regiment score hotline at 1:00 am and hanging up in complete disabelief as to what I had just heard.

Score hotline? Is this for real. Because if it is, that is awesome!

• Like 1

Correct. Crown is fantastic again this year. They just didn't design the show to take the gold. Again.

Which is a shame. An incredible horn line with cojones the size of Hoppity-Hops that debunks everything the G Bugle fanatics say about power, fine marching skills, yet... the show failed to truly grab me like it should have done with that talent and sound.