Blue Devils show I understand..

OK, I'm now a confirmed dada-ist. Got my membership card and I can explain in detail every part of Blue Devils show. Understanding it of course, is why I like it, as I'm sure many Planeteers will back me up on that point.

But I just can't like Phantom's show. Forget the incredible music, the precision marching, that really doesn't matter in the long term. What really matters, and what I would like someone to explain to me, is... (drum roll please,preferably the one done by BD with the impossibly difficult acellerondo)

...In the very end of Phantom's show, the horn line guy finally gets the girl, and they come right down the middle of the 50, I suppose they will get married or something, then suddenly, the lovely young princess continues running and leaves him high and dry, and the DRUM MAJOR, who hasn't indicated any interest whatsover up till now, gets the girl!

What's up with that? Could somebody 'splain?

I'd really like to be able to like this show.

You could Wikipedia it. It is an opera. The story is about princess Tourendot. I don't know the story but I do love phantoms interpretation. And anything with nessum dorma is beautiful.

One could also reference the SCV Scherezade program or 2008 Phantom as well. :satisfied:

Yep. I'd have no problem with that. :cool:

OK, I'm now a confirmed dada-ist. Got my membership card and I can explain in detail every part of Blue Devils show. Understanding it of course, is why I like it, as I'm sure many Planeteers will back me up on that point.

But I just can't like Phantom's show. Forget the incredible music, the precision marching, that really doesn't matter in the long term. What really matters, and what I would like someone to explain to me, is... (drum roll please,preferably the one done by BD with the impossibly difficult acellerondo)

...In the very end of Phantom's show, the horn line guy finally gets the girl, and they come right down the middle of the 50, I suppose they will get married or something, then suddenly, the lovely young princess continues running and leaves him high and dry, and the DRUM MAJOR, who hasn't indicated any interest whatsover up till now, gets the girl!

What's up with that? Could somebody 'splain?

I'd really like to be able to like this show.

Really... It is not really DADA. I am proud that they introduced you to DADA but I doubt that you are a true card carrying member. DCI, The fans, You and even I am not ready for a true DADA show.

R. Mutt

Really... It is not really DADA. I am proud that they introduced you to DADA but I doubt that you are a true card carrying member. DCI, The fans, You and even I am not ready for a true DADA show.

R. Mutt

This.

As soon as you claim to "get it", you have declared yourself a poseur.

• Like 2

This.

As soon as you claim to "get it", you have declared yourself a poseur.

Perhaps you will understand me better when I tell you that Dada is a virgin microbe that penetrates with the insistence of air into all the spaces that reason has not been able to fill with words or conventions.

Perhaps you will understand me better when I tell you that Dada is a virgin microbe that penetrates with the insistence of air into all the spaces that reason has not been able to fill with words or conventions.

Waffles!

"For many participants, the movement was a protest against the bourgeois nationalist and colonialist interests, which many Dadaists believed were the root cause of the war, and against the cultural and intellectual conformity—in art and more broadly in society—that corresponded to the war."

== "getting" it.

You have your interpretation, I have mine.

Waffles!

"For many participants, the movement was a protest against the bourgeois nationalist and colonialist interests, which many Dadaists believed were the root cause of the war, and against the cultural and intellectual conformity—in art and more broadly in society—that corresponded to the war."

== "getting" it.

Which is even more appropriate now! Funny how history repeats itself.

Waffles!

== "getting" it.

:thumbup:

Sorry, didn't see you hit your clock.

This could be fun but I have a show to watch. DADA is fun and horrible all at the same time. The life of DADA extended beyond the war but this show does hit that moment in history. This show is a great introduction into the lost book of the of the art history bible.