2013 Predictions

My predictions:

Cavies come back stronger than ever, dominate the season from the start using a show with completely original music and hypnotic visuals and win it all.

Vanguard makes a surprise run for the gold with a greatest hits mashup show, but end up finishing second.

Blue Devils try a show without props, end up having an off year, and finish third.

Crown's "Third Time's a Charm?" show ends up in fourth place.

In fifth is Cadets' take on "High School Musical", chosen in a failed attempt to draw a younger audience into drum corps.

Sixth place goes to a surging Madison, who roll out a show based on music never before heard on the drum corps field.

Phantom, once again in all-black uniforms, drops to tenth after making the surprising choice of building their show around AC/DC's "Back in Black" and three full minutes of pre-recorded narration.

Oregon Crusaders, while still Open Class, makes history by finishing a surprise 12th on Friday, up from 15th on Thursday, to make it into the last spot in finals.

Jersey Surf continues their meteoric rise, finishing 14th with a hilarious and crowd-pleasing adaptation of "The Producers", including a guard dressed in Nazi uniforms and a drum major with a Hitler 'stache.

Hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh... only wish I were this clever. I'm new but there are some smart folks here. I am impressed. I just might hang around.

Cavaliers will return to the top tier quickly (as in next year) and will challenge for the title.

SCV will follow up their amazing show this year with an even more amazing show, and will challenge for the title.

The Blue Devils will, as the always do, challenge for the title. Their show will be much more accesible than their 2012 show, but will still have people whining about it.

Crown will be even more motivated to win than they were this year, and will write and even more difficult show with the hopes of getting the judges to recognize how awesome they will. This will be a mistake, as the show will not clean up well and they will place no higher than 3rd, but no lower than 5th.

The Cadets will do another unique show that is a little cheesy, but they will perform the heck out of it and will challenge for the title.

Phantom will do Carmen (and kill a woman on the field this time).

Madison will recruit a great group of young men with their awesome early show announcement (and anniversary year) who will rise to the occasion and produce a "baby throwing" type show that will place in the top 5.

...that's all for now.

In fifth is Cadets' take on "High School Musical", chosen in a failed attempt to draw a younger audience into drum corps.

LOL ... I can totally see this happening.

There will be four different corps in first place at each of the four major regional competitions prior to Indy (BD, Cavies, SCV, and Crown). The corps that places highest in Semi-finals will not place highest at Finals.

The Cadets will do another unique show that is a little cheesy, but they will perform the heck out of it and will challenge for the title.

I love all of the cadets shows!! But it would be nice if they did a show that doesn't instantly please the little toddlers! They get christmas and toy soldiers past 3 years! they are Cadet fans for life I'm sure! but maybe something a little less "on the nose" and "whimsical"... you know, something that can really punch it to some other blue corps would be welcome! :)

Who's operating with no respect? Was there some type of incedent involving these Corps?

I've seen nothing but class and respect from both organizations!

You've got it backwards. The Blue Stars and Troopers OPERATE with plenty of respect. It's that they are SHOWN no respect by dci as they near their 50th seasons. You don't let the Crossmen sneak into the Finals at the 11th hour after beating them and others ahead of you all summer long if you truly respect them. Blue Stars got thrown under the bus and the Troopers have been kicked around for several seasons. How much longer do you think they will take it? Lots of butts are kissed and calls for help are answered when you're in the world of the cake-eaters. But try to get them to listen when you're the Racine Scouts or a corps that is 50+ and helped to build the building you now call HOME.

• Like 2

Cadets will do another Yin and Yang show.. No matter what~

Boston shall play famous drum corps hits... first played by other famous drum corps.

Blue Devils guard will wear: Eye makeup, lipstick, glitter in their hair, Cirque costumes... (and so will the female guard members).

All my Scout friends (and family guard staff), will blow up PR once once agin!

Scout Staff will move scouts forward once again.

Blue Stars go without Myron.

Crown will have the best show on the field 2013, just like 2012.

Crossmen add speed to their show.

thats all for now. :cool:

Who did Boston borrow "time to say goodbye from" ? Was that song only a year old at the time ? Of course it was!

Go back to bed....