2013 Predictions

Mr. Gaines will come out of "retirement" and write for SCV. Book it.

If Michael comes back in 2013, I think he might return to the Cavaliers. Don't be surprised if that might just happen...crossing my fingers.

A lot of corps actively recruit from the big talent pool in Texas. Some of those kids decide to stay closer to home.

Crossmen jumps all the way up to 8th thumbup.gif

I'm the one who thinks all the scores are FIXED.

There are over 3 dozen judges in DCI. If " all the scores are fixed " then this means all 3 dozen DCI judges are in on the cheating, as " fixing the scores " could only work if all of them are in on it. Logically it only takes one whistle blower within the judging ranks to blow the cheating fix by publically expressing their knowledge about the cheating.... even if it comes on their death bed. So you believe that over 3 dozen DCI judges are participating in the knowledge that " the scores are fixed " beforehand ?.... and all of them have presumably known this " score fixing " and participated in this cheating fix for presumbably years and years ? Excuse my harsh response to this, but do you realize how dopey this sounds ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

There are over 3 dozen judges in DCI. If " all the scores are fixed " then this means all 3 dozen DCI judges are in on the cheating, as " fixing the scores " could only work if all of them are in on it. Logically it only takes one whistle blower within the judging ranks to blow the cheating fix by publically expressing their knowledge about the cheating.... even if it comes on their death bed. So you believe that over 3 dozen DCI judges are participating in the knowledge that " the scores are fixed " beforehand ?.... and all of them have presumably known this " score fixing " and participated in this cheating fix for presumbably years and years ? Excuse my harsh response to this, but do you realize how dopey this sounds ?

Sorry, you've got me confused with someone else. I don't believe in slotting at all. I'm the one who thinks all the scores are FIXED. But maybe that's what you mean by the term "slotting"?

Suggest you take the time to compare the NINE head-to-head contests where Blue Stars and Crossmen faced each other and let us know the results. I'll stand on your findings, Mr. Brasso.

It doesn't take 36 judges. It takes one judge. We're waiting for the results of your research Reverend Brasso. :biggrin:

It doesn't take 36 judges. It takes one judge. We're waiting for the results of your research Reverend Brasso. :biggrin:

So you've walked this back now to "the scores are fixed " by one judge that pushed Crossmen into the Finals and pushed Blue Stars out ? What judge might that be Professor ?

Edited by BRASSO

i think that the cavaliers will stay where they were this year. They got a new show designer, and thats where they lost all of their points.

blink.gif

They didn't get a new show designer ( show coordinator), they got a new drill writer...

A lot of corps actively recruit from the big talent pool in Texas. Some of those kids decide to stay closer to home.

Crossmen jumps all the way up to 8th thumbup.gif

Yeah, I definitely see them climbing up in the ranks now due to that. A lot of the great Texas musicians go to the winning corps because they want that experience of being a finalist corps and working with other incredible musicians and learning from great staff. Now that Crossmen have established that finalist reputation again, and continue to stay based in Texas, I really think they are going to start seeing better recruitment and really being able to sell the brand.

Or... the order of performance tells the judges exactly what range of performance they should expect. Fixed, probably not. Flawed, absolutely.

• Like 1