2013 Predictions

Yeah, I definitely see them climbing up in the ranks now due to that. A lot of the great Texas musicians go to the winning corps because they want that experience of being a finalist corps and working with other incredible musicians and learning from great staff. Now that Crossmen have established that finalist reputation again, and continue to stay based in Texas, I really think they are going to start seeing better recruitment and really being able to sell the brand.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The self-declared genius, Reverend BRASSO has promised to do extensive research comparing the head-to-head match-ups of the Blue Stars and Crossmen from this past summer to prove without doubt that the scores weren't FIXED to allow the Crossmen (from Texas --but originally the feeder corps of George Hopkins' Garfield Cadets) to sneak into the finals ahead of the BS (soon approaching their 50th year of continuous operation).

Sit tight. I'm sure he'll come through with some fascinating facts to share with us. :winky:

• Like 1

9/10. Madison Scouts/Boston Crusaders - Two corps that have impressed and produced fan favorites as of recent years.

10. Boston Crusaders

10. Boston

10) Boston- Drop but still have great show that doesn't have enough umph to finish higher

Boston (10th)

10- Boston Crusaders

11. Boston Crusaders - And, as much as I love Boston, to see the above results come to fruition, I'd want them out of the Top 8. It'd be the only way that outcome would even be remotely possible.

Dissenter's every season want to see Boston 10th or worse (it's started already...lol)...My prediction is they will turn heads in 2013 and finish 6th or better.

• Like 6

Dissenter's every season want to see Boston 10th or worse (it's started already...lol)...My prediction is they will turn heads in 2013 and finish 6th or better.

I always find this funny... since breaking into finals Boston has never missed, and never placed lower than 10th. Last time they placed 10th was 2008 (after MAJOR staff/member turnover - there was a running joke that season that the Cadets and Blue Stars had more Boston vets than Boston did). In their 14 finals appearances, they've placed 10th only twice.

That being said, I am skeptical that they can move up any further. Cavies took a big fall and definitely will want to rebound next year (like Phantom from 2009-2010). Boston will have to design a killer show and fight hard to even maintain 7th. As far as moving up, the top 6 this year was clearly a step up (3 points at finals) and the 5th/6th place teams have a lot of momentum following this year, not to mention incredible design/performance staffs.

I'd still love to see BAC in the top 6 next year though! I'll keep my fingers crossed. I just hope another 2010 doesn't happen.

• Like 2

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The self-declared genius, Reverend BRASSO has promised to do extensive research comparing the head-to-head match-ups of the Blue Stars and Crossmen from this past summer to prove without doubt that the scores weren't FIXED to allow the Crossmen (from Texas --but originally the feeder corps of George Hopkins' Garfield Cadets) to sneak into the finals ahead of the BS (soon approaching their 50th year of continuous operation).

Sit tight. I'm sure he'll come through with some fascinating facts to share with us. :winky:

I'm not sure it was the judges who were behind it. :smile:

awv1.jpg

• Like 2

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The self-declared genius, Reverend BRASSO has promised to do extensive research comparing the head-to-head match-ups of the Blue Stars and Crossmen from this past summer to prove without doubt that the scores weren't FIXED to allow the Crossmen (from Texas --but originally the feeder corps of George Hopkins' Garfield Cadets) to sneak into the finals ahead of the BS (soon approaching their

Your brain must be been scorched by the heat of a thousand suns this summer to believe that I said that I'm going to do a research to prove the scores "were not fixed" Professor. The onus would be on you to prove that ( as you claim " the scores are fixed " and thats why the Crossmen got in over the Blue Stars. My guess you wouldn't know 5 of these judges if you got on an elevator with them. You don't know them from a hole in the wall. You sound ridiculous and ignorant with this dopey conspiracy of yours that " the scores were fixed " for the Crossmen to make Finals. Such a dopey conspiracy claim of " score fixing " does a terrible disservice to the Crossmen organization, staff, marchers, parents, etc. But whatever. Have a nice day.. but stay out of the sun.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Over the pass 4 of 5 years i have seen an increase of talent level of these kids on the rise in all area's. I have also notice the overall show design in the top 9, get better each year as well. I think if this continues and the changes in the (judging system), you will see a more competitive competition and placements out of the top 8 and as well as in the top12. As we have seen in the past two years show design's that have not worked BS and Cav's has played a major factor in placements of top ranking corps (just saying). Two Corps that are pushing these changes are Boston and Madison with more competitive shows. Looking forward if this trend continues: Top 8 anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Have a great day.

I agree, emc2. Over the years Corps in the 8-12 range have increasingly improved themselves in talent levels, show design, complexity and demand, and even in the sheer size of these Corps. Every year now a couple of good Corps even miss out on Finals. Its not that long ago at all that a quality Corps with a quality show product in competition like the Blue Stars would be a lock for Finals and TOP 12 Status. Those days are gone. The battle for a Finals spot is every bit as intriguing and interesting as the top of the ticket. Maybe more so.

Edited by BRASSO

I predict I will now focus my energy on other awesome things:

1) NFL season coming up (GO PACK!!!)

2) My continued weight loss (25 more pounds to go to reach 185 pounds)

3) The awesome ski season ahead (will be buying the Epic Pass!)

The only thing that makes the end of the DCI season something to look forward to!!! :thumbup: