2013 Predictions

You asked for it and BRASSO was afraid to or incapable of delivering.

Record of all HEAD-TO-HEAD contests between Blue Stars and Crossmen in Summer of 2012

Date Location Corps Score Corps Score Winner COMMENTS:

July 14 Mpls. Crossmen 72.8 Blue Stars 74.75 Blue Stars Mpls. is as close as Blue Stars will get to a "home" site this season in head-to-head vs. Crossmen.

July 21 San Antonio Crossmen 77.55 Blue Stars 77.95 Blue Stars San Antonio is home base for Crossmen.

July 28 Atlanta Crossmen 80.20 Blue Stars 81.65 Blue Stars Neutral site.

July 31 Dublin, OH Crossmen 81.65 Blue Stars 82.2 Blue Stars Neutral site.

August 4 Allentown Crossmen 82.3 Blue Stars 83.2 Blue Stars Allentown was once home base for Crossmen.

August 5 Pittsburgh Crossmen 83.1 Blue Stars 85.45 Blue Stars Neutral site less than one week from Finals week and up by more than 2 full points on Crossmen.

August 9 dci Prelims Crossmen 83.4 Blue Stars 83.75 Blue Stars Something smells funny here even if Blue Stars had an "off" show at prelims, they should bounce back.

August 10 dci Semi-Finals Crossmen win for the first time in EIGHT HEAD-TO HEAD CONTESTS! The FIX was in. My opinion? Blue Stars were tossed under the bus.

RE: Match-up with Crossmen, you don't win all seven head-to-head contests including all three Regionals, Allentown and Prelims to be treated like the Blue Stars were; especially when you are one of the original 13 founding corps of dci. This is what I mean when I say the Blue Stars (and the Troopers) are SHOWN NO RESPECT. And I will stand by my words until my dying day.

And as for name-calling, I'd ask others to look in a mirror before making that claim. And be careful. It seems to me, there are many true professionals on this Forum. I'm proud to count myself among them.

Edited by Martin I. Zing
  • Like 6

What I'd like to see..

1. Crown

2. Vanguard

3. Devils

4. Coats

5. Cadets

6. Phantom

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston

10. Madison

11. Bluestars

12. Academy

• Like 1

What I'd like to see..

1. Crown

2. Vanguard

3. Devils

4. Coats

5. Cadets

6. Phantom

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston

10. Madison

11. Bluestars

12. Academy

oops didn't add my thoughts. I like this but I would love to see Boston much higher. (switch them with cadets)

Edited by flammaster

Record of all HEAD-TO-HEAD contests between Blue Stars and Crossmen in Summer of 2012

July 14 Mpls. Crossmen 72.8 Blue Stars 74.75 Blue Stars Mpls. is as close as Blue Stars will get to a "home" site this season in head-to-head vs. Crossmen.

July 21 San Antonio Crossmen 77.55 Blue Stars 77.95 Blue Stars San Antonio is home base for Crossmen.

July 31 Dublin, OH Crossmen 81.65 Blue Stars 85.45 Blue Stars Neutral site.

August 4 Allentown Crossmen 82.3 Blue Stars 83.2 Blue Stars Allentown was once home base for Crossmen.

August 5 Pittsburgh Crossmen 83.1 Blue Stars 85.45 Blue Stars Neutral site less than one week from Finals week and up by more than 2 full points on Crossmen.

August 9 dci Prelims Crossmen 83.4 Blue Stars 83.75 Blue Stars Something smells funny here even if Blue Stars had an "off" show at prelims, they should bounce back.

August 10 dci Semi-Finals Crossmen win for the first time in EIGHT HEAD-TO HEAD CONTESTS! The FIX was in. My opinion? Blue Stars were tossed under the bus.

RE: Match-up with Crossmen, you don't win all seven head-to-head contests including all three Regionals, Allentown and Prelims to be treated like the Blue Stars were; especially when you are one of the original 13 founding corps of dci. This is what I mean when I say the Blue Stars (and the Troopers) are SHOWN NO RESPECT. And I will stand by my words until my dying day.

And as for name-calling, I'd ask others to look in a mirror before making that claim. And be careful. It seems to me, there are many true professionals on this Forum. I'm proud to count myself among them.

Show sites advantage would have to go to BS. One thing you left out correlate judge PNL.

Sorry friend, I love my Blue Stars but I can't get on board with this. By your logic it was a fix when Phantom won with Spartacus too then. Finals week placements aren't determined by head to head matchups during the season. Crossmen's product peaked at the right time and was cleaner than Blue Stars. Let it go, and applaud the Crossmen for again achieving top 12 status. We'll have at it again next year.

• Like 4

Sorry friend, I love my Blue Stars but I can't get on board with this. By your logic it was a fix when Phantom won with Spartacus too then. Finals week placements aren't determined by head to head matchups during the season. Crossmen's product peaked at the right time and was cleaner than Blue Stars. Let it go, and applaud the Crossmen for again achieving top 12 status. We'll have at it again next year.

I was just coming here to say this exact thing and you beat me to it! :) I agree 100%. I love both Corps, but it was great to see Crossmen back in Finals again. Hopefully, next year, Crossmen will stay in and Blue Stars will come back too. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Wow Bozzly knowing you're a die hard Stars fan, that's one of the most mature things I've ever seen! +1,000 to you on your professionalism.

Wes P

• Like 1

Crossmen's product peaked at the right time and was cleaner than Blue Stars.

You want us to believe the Crossmen's "product" :laughing: moved up over 2 and a half points in 5 days WITHOUT help? Can you point out any other corps that had this kind of improvement?

Sorry. NEVER!

Do you want me to keep going and reveal some other facts that will prove to be very embarassing to several people who are now sweating like stuck pork? I don't get to use much of these skills since I left Langley. :glare:

Forget the fact that it's WAY too early. It's all for fun.

1. Carolina Crown - I believe that they will finally find their luster, and harness their dynamic designs into something that's awe inspiring and 1st place achievable.

2. Blue Devils - They'll still have the same thunder they had this season, but it is time for a new champion.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - Bringing them back to the top 3. The last time was 2004. They have one of the best perc/brass writers in all of drum corps, and this year's production was outstanding.

4/5/6. Cadets/Phantom Regiment/Bluecoats - it's a toss up between these two.

7. Cavaliers - Like Phantom Regiment after 2009, they will rise back up, but it will be a slow rise.

8. Blue Knights - Personally I'd love see my favorite corps make the top 8 again, and they have the design team to do it.

9/10. Madison Scouts/Boston Crusaders - Two corps that have impressed and produced fan favorites as of recent years.

11. Crossmen - They got the fire started back up, and they wont stop any time soon.

12. Spirit of Atlanta - Still a finals corps, I just don't know how far they'll move up.

I would write in the rest, but I'm too lazy too.

This thread would be more appropriately be called the "Wishful Thinking Thread"

• Like 1

Your score at the Dublin show for the Blue Stars is wrong. They got an 82.2 and not a 85.45. This so-called "Neutral site" advantage by the Blue Stars was a whopping 0.55.

All told, the median advantage of Blue Stars over the Crossmen going into semis was only 0.95.

If that is a difference that is considered insurmountable without a "fix", we might as well all quit this activity because everything is apparently set in stone going into Finals week.

Putting my own opinion aside of the Crossmen's semis performance aside, a scan of Twitter comments and even the semis thread here will reveal what most people thought of their performance that night.

• Like 3