2013 Predictions

So, I thought I'd sit here with my Saturday morning cup of coffee and peruse the last 6 or 7 pages of this "prediction" thread. Instaed of predictions, I find this Martin Zing person launching personal attacks on BRASSO, WesleyRP, BozzlyB and a few others.

Wonderful. One would think that the notion that our activity is subjectively judged is somehow new. It is not. As a Boston supporter (and former staff member), I can tell you that we spent the entire decade of the 90's knocking on the top 12 door. In a couple of instances (1990 and 1994) we seemed to have it comfortably in the bag until the Friday night show.

One last point: to anyone who wants to blame the new sheets, Michael Cesario, modern drum corps, etc etc etc, ask members of the 1967 Cavaliers and Boston Crusaders about the scores at that year's CYO Nationals....there is nothing new here. It is what it is. Scores happen. Get over it.

Great drum corps move on, and since I regard Blue Stars as a great drum corps, they'll be fine.

• Like 7

Amen Craig... Well said

Yes Craig, you are correct; the Blue Stars WILL get over it and they WILL either bounce back or pack it in. And I don't blame the individual members of the Crossmen or their parents either. In fact I feel sorry for them. But the more stink and truth there is to the premise the more cover-up and bogus defense is offered. You give them more rope and all they end up are doing is hanging themselves. I asked for an example of another corps that moved up 2 and 1/2 points in 5 days WITHOUT HELP at anytime in the 2012 season and now they're going back 24 years to find examples.

You should read some of the Private Messages and E-mails that I've received. Many are words of encouragement to keep the heat on while others include stories making claims that even I find hard to believe.

People have tried to tell me many things I already know. What is good to know is that lots of people feel the same way I do. And we know who to blame. But thanks for your comments.

--Martin

I don't blame the individual members of the Crossmen or their parents either. In fact I feel sorry for them.

--Martin

Oh sure you do. (lol! )

And we know who to blame. But thanks for your comments.

--Martin

Well, you might start by blaming the Blue Stars design team for designing a bit of a dud, and for overwriting in many, many areas. I know it's easier to blame the other guys, but you really should start with the whole "those who live in glass houses" thing.

• Like 1

Only if you out-point them....you want a new champ? Beat BD if they have a show that's winning....simple.

I predict that no matter WHAT BD does -- even if they were to a faithful repeat of the 86 show -- they'll get #### on if they continue to win....and not care one way or another (far from it...the hate-fest this year only fueled the corps!)

Question: Which came first: Blue Devils staff (not corps) ignoring the average fan, or the average fan hating Blue Devils show design(not corps)?

Great research JJeff... I knew Dutch Boy came from behind but didn't know it was a 4 pt climb.... Wow

There were more examples, but I didn't want to beat a dead horse too much, just wanted to make a point at how absurd we can be sometimes when we post.

Yes Craig, you are correct; the Blue Stars WILL get over it and they WILL either bounce back or pack it in. And I don't blame the individual members of the Crossmen or their parents either. In fact I feel sorry for them. But the more stink and truth there is to the premise the more cover-up and bogus defense is offered. You give them more rope and all they end up are doing is hanging themselves. I asked for an example of another corps that moved up 2 and 1/2 points in 5 days WITHOUT HELP at anytime in the 2012 season and now they're going back 24 years to find examples.

You should read some of the Private Messages and E-mails that I've received. Many are words of encouragement to keep the heat on while others include stories making claims that even I find hard to believe.

People have tried to tell me many things I already know. What is good to know is that lots of people feel the same way I do. And we know who to blame. But thanks for your comments.

--Martin

"They" didn't go back 24 years, I did. tongue.gif

I showed you examples from SEVERAL years in the hopes that you'd see that "it" happens in every era. There's an established pattern. Sometimes, a corps gets hot and rises up. I'm not so sure what you're so upset with this one. rolleyes.gif

Are you trying to say that the Crossmen didn't get hot and that the judges bumped them into finals?

I guess I'll let you get back to it, but from your response here, I can see you're full of it... I certainly have no agenda.

Just so you know, I really appreciate the respect that you have for tradition, but I'm a pragmatist. I like balance. I'm not totally convinced that there's a conspiracy theory on this one, but I could be wrong....

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

I asked for an example of another corps that moved up 2 and 1/2 points in 5 days WITHOUT HELP at anytime in the 2012 season and now they're going back 24 years to find examples.

I've got your 2012 stats, Martin. For your consideration:

Carolina Crown:

6/30: 76.55 - 7/3: 81.8 = 5.25 points over three days

7/19: 86.95 - 7/20: 87.6 - 7/21: 89.55 = 2.6 points over three days

and, in the approximate time period in question for Crossmen vs Blue Stars:

8/3: 93.95 - 8/9: 96.6 - 2.65 points over six days

Here's another reference from the 2012 season, from the bottom of the pack:

Pioneer:

7/17: 60.7 - 7/8: 64.8 = 4.1 points over one day

7/26: 63.75 - 7/28: 66.3 = 2.55 points over two days

and, again, in the approximate time period in question for Crossmen vs Blue Stars:

8/3: 65.45 - 8/6: 69.25 = 3.8 points over three days

Now lets try one from the middle of the pack other than Crossmen or Blue Stars:

The Academy:

7/16: 70.85 - 7/17: 74.7 = 3.85 points over one day

7/28: 76.25 - 7/30: 80.15 = 3.9 points over two days

and, again, in the approximate time period in question for Crossmen vs Blue Stars:

8/4: 74.9 - 8/6: 79.45 = 4.55 points over two days

So, you see Martin, it does happen. Both corps are great corps. It just so happened that Bones was better on Prelims than Blue Stars were. Please just leave it at that.

• Like 2