2013 Predictions

I predict someone in the top 12 will play the jazz version of Mary Poppins.

(At least I hope).

Not saying it isn't possible but Brian Hickman resigning will hurt Glassmen's chances of making it in finals.

They just need a new direction. What worked 16 years ago doesnt work today and I feel like they have been trying to do what they did between 98-01. New drill writer can also help them back into finals. Some upgrades in little spots can bring them back to a strong corps and not a feeder corps. I believe i also read that this was a very young corps so if alot of vets come back there can be so many positives for the Glassmen.

• Like 3

While I do give Crossmen their due credit because they were truly ON Friday night, and I do concede that Blue Stars had some issues they were not able to overcome in time, one thing I can not swallow is the score/placement that the Blue Stars color guard received that night. To use wesleyrp's words "a scan of Twitter comments and even the semis thread here will reveal what most people thought of their performance that night", that guard was on fire Friday. I was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday, sitting with other color guard instructors and judges. Sorry, Blue Stars was NOT a 12th place color guard. They were 9th the night before (with a weaker performance than Friday) and have ranked as high as 6th or 7th (if memory serves) throughout the season. THAT would have put them into finals.

Blue Stars had a very good corps in 2012. still a bit dirty at semis. I think overall programming hurt them.

Glassmen and Academy were also very good championship weekend.

Crossmen came out at DCI on fire . You could feel it coming.

They were better than Blue Stars at semi's, and Better than Spirit at finals.

Momentum. They performed better at each of the 3 DCA championship shows.

Hats off and WELCOME BACK CROSSMEN.

• Like 3

Crossmen came out at DCI on fire . You could feel it coming.

Hats off and WELCOME BACK CROSSMEN.

And let's not forget, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, despite all my posturing! :thumbup:

Edited by Martin I. Zing
  • Like 2

I don't normally do this, because I don't like feeding the "trolls," but I'm getting tired of his conspiracy theories.

And let's not forget, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, despite all my posturing! :thumbup:

Fixed! :thumbup:

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku

• 3 months later...

I predict the following corps will do better this season than they did last season:

Troopers

Madison Scouts

Blue Stars

Pacific Crest

Cadets

Cavaliers

• Like 4

i don't know if I predicted yet, but if I didn't

1. blue devils - when every other corps has at least one weakness, they usually win

2. PR - guard and visual among the best, brass improving with more talent, drums will be the un-known, however it looks like they have some great new additions to their percussion staff, but if they still don't work they can push the corps down a few spots.

3. Cadets - going to be a great show, not sure how the guard will turn out.

4. SCV - still strong, but still not quite there with the loss of jennifo

5. crown - will again have an amazeballs hornline, if they have a killer show like last year they will finish much higher. I still see visual/drums and kind of guard as a weakness that got the benefit of the doubt last year.

6. boston - very under-rated design staff, but we will need to see how new vis designer works out

7. cavaliers - better than last year, but still trying to figure out which direction to take. wanted to put them 6th for for some reason I didn't last night.

8. bluecoats - new visual designer is not a step up,

9. blue stars - Saucedo addition is HUMUNGOUS! .. his style may not fit all of our tastes, but you can't deny that what he writes is almost always perfect in regards to design and allowing visual opportunity. Fairbanks can hold his own, and when shapiro is set up with good guard staging, they can be one of the most fascinating guards on the field. drums and visual performance are an enigma

10. madison - still not a big step up visually, but i can see them in 8-10. Guard seemed to have an off year last year but I don't see that happening again to that extent. Drums are getting better. Brass has been good

11. spirit - consistent with what they put on last 2 years

12. blue knights - they will just make it

these are just predictions, not premonitions. Don't get offended.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 1

i don't know if I predicted yet, but if I didn't

1. blue devils

2. PR

3. Cadets

4. SCV

5. crown

6. boston

7. cavaliers

8. bluecoats

9. blue stars

10. madison

11. spirit

12. blue knights

Regiment medaling two years in a row?!? Now that'd be a very successful triumph if they did that.

:)

• Like 1