2013 Predictions

Wish INT would fold forever. It is getting old

• Like 1

[/size]

The DCP INT meme needs to die a quick and violent death.

If we can't use a gun, can we at least use a scarf perhaps to do it ?

Edited by BRASSO

Or a super tight pair of bibbers that squeeze the life outta... Never mind

This is more of what I hope for than a prediction, but I think The Cavaliers will make it back into the top 5. :thumbup:/>

I would love to see them make top 3 - there's nothing like an incredible comeback to make the season even more interesting.

• Like 2

This is more of what I hope for than a prediction, but I think The Cavaliers will make it back into the top 5. :thumbup:/>/>

While I like your sentiment, I hope that between design and performance they can be better this year. Too many people blamed it all on design last year, which I whole-heartedly disagree with.

Guess I'll take a stab at the prediction thing, since I have chimed in on this thread.

1. Blue Devils-I don't think you can top their performance mixed with this show.

2. Crown-so good every year, but Thom Hannum will overwrite the drum book like he did in 2010 and 2011 with Madison

3. Phantom-They've proven that they can survive musically without Rennick and Shaw. I just hope the show doesn't end with a useless tag that's not as dramatic as 30 seconds before the end of the show like last year.

4. SCV-deserved more respect last year.

5. Cadets-back to having top-heavy brasslines won't help them.

6. Madison-based on what I've seen/heard from them and other corps, they'll be back where they spent the average of the 90's.

7. Bluecoats-Great music, but don't see them performing higher.

8. Spirit-They've deserved to move up for years, and their show design keeps getting better

9. BAC-Probably playing someone elses repertoire, can't put them higher, and probably will perform well enough to be here.

10. BK-Good changes in designers and better show will have them here.

11. Cavaliers-Yep, I did it. They shouldn't have been as high as they were last year

12. Crossmen-On the up swing, but not making a big push.

13. Troopers-New additions will help them

14. Blue Stars-Saucedo originals, meh

15. Colts-big changes the last few years will help

16. Pacific Crest-They're working hard to improve

17. The Academy-Biting off more than they can chew again, but better at it this year.

18. Surf-Should be higher, but won't get the respect from the judges

19. Oregon Crusaders-Not much change

20. Blue Devils B-They're good, but not great

21. Mandarins-Higher in World Class, but won't keep up with some Open Class

22. Vanguard Cadets-great things planned, but won't jump higher

23. Pioneer-looking and sounding much better than in recent years.

24. Spartans-About the same

25. Gold-Wish for higher, probably won't get the love

26. Seatle Cascades-They try hard, but show design will hold them back.

Updated, I guess the Blue Stars deserve to be listed.

Edited by elmhurstmusiced
  • Like 3

I predict much more competition than the last few years. I don't want the finishing order at Minnesota to the order for the rest of the year. I want people swapping places all of the way up to Saturday night. I want an exciting year.

I also predict Crown will impress a ton of people when they come out West and blow down the stands at Stanford.

the major players in the 2 tours, West (Crown, Devils, SCV) and East (Regiment, Cadets, Coats, Cavies) don't meet for 3 weeks ...

AND Crown and Devils will meet 20 times (at least) before finals week - yikes ... it's gonna' be good.

Edited by ashevillemurphy

While I like your sentiment, I hope that between design and performance they can be better this year. Too many people blamed it all on design last year, which I whole-heartedly disagree with.

Guess I'll take a stab at the prediction thing, since I have chimed in on this thread.

1. Blue Devils-I don't think you can top their performance mixed with this show.

2. Crown-so good every year, but Thom Hannum will overwrite the drum book like he did in 2010 and 2011 with Madison

3. Phantom-They've proven that they can survive musically without Rennick and Shaw. I just hope the show doesn't end with a useless tag that's not as dramatic as 30 seconds before the end of the show like last year.

4. SCV-deserved more respect last year.

5. Cadets-back to having top-heavy brasslines won't help them.

6. Madison-based on what I've seen/heard from them and other corps, they'll be back where they spent the average of the 90's.

7. Bluecoats-Great music, but don't see them performing higher.

8. Spirit-They've deserved to move up for years, and their show design keeps getting better

9. BAC-Probably playing someone elses repertoire, can't put them higher, and probably will perform well enough to be here.

10. BK-Good changes in designers and better show will have them here.

11. Cavaliers-Yep, I did it. They shouldn't have been as high as they were last year

12. Crossmen-On the up swing, but not making a big push.

13. Troopers-New additions will help them

14. Colts-big changes the last few years will help

15. Pacific Crest-They're working hard to improve

16. The Academy-Biting off more than they can chew again, but better at it this year.

17. Surf-Should be higher, but won't get the respect from the judges

18. Oregon Crusaders-Not much change

19. Blue Devils B-They're good, but not great

20. Mandarins-Higher in World Class, but won't keep up with some Open Class

21. Vanguard Cadets-great things planned, but won't jump higher

22. Pioneer-looking and sounding much better than in recent years.

23. Spartans-About the same

24. Gold-Wish for higher, probably won't get the love

25. Seatle Cascades-They try hard, but show design will hold them back.

I'll stop at 25.

Forgot Blue Stars.

• Like 1