DCI Finals Review 2012

From losnickes Review.

BLUE DEVILS:

This show is very clever. Making a show about the dada movement, a movement that was essentially "anti-art," is no easy task, and the Blue Devils did it. That being said, this show is also garbage (in my personal opinion, of course). I have never been so bored and confused in my entire life. Was it clean? Yes. Was it appealing? No.

:worthy::thumbup: I couldn't agree more.

• Like 4

I completely disagree with the BD analysis (no surprise there). Your reference to their show being "garbage" was uncalled for and deflated what was a pretty good review in total. Opinions are what we do here, but that was a bit cowardly and hurtful for no reason. I suggest the next time you want to trash the work of the talented folks that design these shows and the kids that work all year to perform them for you....first pause and THINK.....then if what you're about to type is what you would have the courage to actually tell these kids to their face.....then go ahead. If you would not say it (and I suspect you wouldn't)....then press delete!

Sure, maybe that was a bit harsh. But the undesirable show design of "Cabaret Voltaire" isn't on the kids, is it? The members of BD perform on a level that is unbelievable, to say the least. The Blue Devils are an incredibly talented bunch of performers. My comment stating the show was garbage is directed at the people who designed the show. Not the performers.

But rest assured, I'll remember to be more pandering in any future review, just for you. :thumbup:

• Like 4

Sure, maybe that was a bit harsh. But the undesirable show design of "Cabaret Voltaire" isn't on the kids, is it? The members of BD perform on a level that is unbelievable, to say the least. The Blue Devils are an incredibly talented bunch of performers. My comment stating the show was garbage is directed at the people who designed the show. Not the performers.

But rest assured, I'll remember to be more pandering in any future review, just for you. :thumbup:

No need to pander, you write well.... but your BD review was a bit like entering the room in a $1000 Tux looking like James Bond, you cross the room with grace and calculation, every eye is on you....you walk to the bar, order a classic mixed drink (shaken, not stirred), every ear is waiting in silence for what you will say.......then you fart! blink.gif

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

To say their show design is garbage is just plain ignorant. I, as well as many others, thought this was BD's most entertaining show for years. The down ending didn't garner a roaring crowd response. But, the show was beautifully crafted and kept me captivated all the way through.

And... Before anyone assumes that I am a BD homer, regiment is my corps of choice.

• Like 3

To say their show design is garbage is just plain ignorant. I, as well as many others, thought this was BD's most entertaining show for years. The down ending didn't garner a roaring crowd response. But, the show was beautifully crafted and kept me captivated all the way through.

And... Before anyone assumes that I am a BD homer, regiment is my corps of choice.

The show didn't captivate me at all. I didn't like it. I fail to see why this is such a big deal. I didn't realize the word "garbage" would be such a problem for you people. SORRY.

• Like 1

And as always, if you don't agree with someone's opinion, it's easier to call them stupid instead of saying you respectfully disagree, but respect their right to say what they want.

Thank you for the review. I agree with most of what you said, not everything, but thanks for posting. I'm surprised we haven't seen more reviews this year, so thank you for taking the time to put one up. :thumbup:

• Like 3