An Open Letter to JulesBry and to those

A couple of questions:

Did you actually send your letter to DCI, or did you just post it here?

Have you actually spoken to anyone at DCI, or any corps directors?

If you find that actual, structural change occurs that improves DCI, will you increase your support of the activity?

While your attention is over there, keep one eye over here.

Did you actually send your letter to DCI, or did you just post it here?

No I haven't sent it yet, I wrote it at 3AM, so I'm guessing that there are some mistakes in there, so I'm going to get a friend of my to proofread it first.

Have you actually spoken to anyone at DCI, or any corps directors?

Yes and no, he's a friend of mine that is pretty far up there, that had the same thoughts, but not an actual corps director.

If you find that actual, structural change occurs that improves DCI, will you increase your support of the activity?

Absolutely, come a year or two, if it works out and things changed for the best, I'll come back, I'll continue investing money in dci programs, and corps. I really do hope for the best, I just don't see it happening.

• Like 1

Im sorry, but people that post these long goodbye letters along with their tales of woe are just looking for attention.

If you are really going, it means you have already made the decision, are happy or content about it and the whole drum corps thing has been resignated to part of your past.....

You dont come to a forum with your intentions, posting your letter and sit back and wait for responses.

It means, simply, wether you admit it or not, you are seeking attention or some pity, hoping folks will agree with you .

If you want to leave, you leave..if you want attention you highlight your decision and let everyone know.

Geoffrey

• Like 2

Im sorry, but people that post these long goodbye letters along with their tales of woe are just looking for attention.

If you are really going, it means you have already made the decision, are happy or content about it and the whole drum corps thing has been resignated to part of your past.....

You dont come to a forum with your intentions, posting your letter and sit back and wait for responses.

It means, simply, wether you admit it or not, you are seeking attention or some pity, hoping folks will agree with you .

If you want to leave, you leave..if you want attention you highlight your decision and let everyone know.

Geoffrey

Honestly I'm not looking for attention, I am out the door. I really don't care what people think about my letter. In fact I'm not really going to respond to any comments, I'll leave it alone. I only asked garfield's opinion, because he seems legitimately hurt, that people are leaving.

• Like 1

It seems that DCI may need to take a more regional approach in the future or change the touring model to make it more economically viable. I'm not sure a DCM/S/W/E system would necessarily happen, but perhaps that could spark more groups that could afford to compete on the smaller scale and then the "bigger" groups would compete on the national scale at the end of the season not unlike what many groups do for WGI- which seems to become more and more popular every year.

• Like 1

The housing issue is also something that needs to be solved, particularly if Finals week does not move up a week or so and everything remains in Indianapolis.

Garfield, what's the over/under on what you're talking about coming to public light in 90 days.

100%

Honestly I'm not looking for attention, I am out the door. I really don't care what people think about my letter. In fact I'm not really going to respond to any comments, I'll leave it alone. I only asked garfield's opinion, because he seems legitimately hurt, that people are leaving.

I'm not going to comment on your letter, Kevin. It is how you feel and I'm in no position to say anything else about it. Just keep your eyes open and be willing to admit that you were understandably premature in your decision.

BTW, say Hi to Kevin Kimes when you see him at MBI. His father was my band director in high school.