Madison Scouts 2013

New uniform got premiered. Not sure how I feel about the camo. I think it could have been better if they had used more subtle colors. The ones they used makes it look a bit muddled right now. Might look better from a distance though. I like that they're sticking with the short sleeves, gives them a very distinctive look.

Edited by fsubone

I'm such a sucker for the classical, readily identifiable, Madison Scouts look.

My thoughts are...If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it .

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Should be interesting to see on the field...but accents of camo on that uniform could look

busy, we'll just have to see. But, it does fit the theme, and it still is unmistakably Madison!

Drum corps with expanding use of electronics & no timpani, will take some time to get used to...

Drum corps with expanding use of electronics...

Not too much, I hope. "Reframed" would have been even more enjoyable with less synthesizer.

• Like 1

Not too much, I hope. "Reframed" would have been even more enjoyable with less synthesizer.

Camo looks odd. This uniform still needs a white belt & spats.

• Like 3

That camo is just ugly IMO. It's too busy on an otherwise simple uniform. What was wrong with the uni from last year? Or the year before? Or the year before that?

Should be interesting to see on the field...but accents of camo on that uniform could look

busy, we'll just have to see. But, it does fit the theme, and it still is unmistakably Madison!

When I saw the show, the camo only adds not only to the theme, but kicks up the masculinity and ruggedness for the corps, both pluses in my book!

Edited by steelchops
  • Like 1

First off, I have no spat (no pun) with BD, but if you want to talk about "busy" unis .... Madisons pale in comparison with the half skirt(s), one striped leg, a striped half-sleeve and a half sequined sleeve (on the same arm), a 3 foot feather in the plume, and ... well you know where I'm headed.

At least the camo pattern is used as an accent throughout including the drums and the silks as well ... and it also reflects the "Corps of Brothers" theme and their rep this year –

Corps of Brothers - 75 Years of Survival - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 * Corps of Brothers FanSmith, Robert Wfare * Night on Bald Mountain * The Battle Rages * Afghanastan 2025 * You'll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel)

Edited by ashevillemurphy
  • Like 2

Love the new uniform. The camo goes perfectly with the theme of the show. Marcus Luttrell will be proud.