Madison Scouts 2013

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q_YykPEhsRA

Notice the alums standing and singing along from the stands!

I suspect this was not as spontaneous as it may appear as the whiteboard schedule for Middleton included a block practice with said alums.

I suspect this was not as spontaneous as it may appear as the whiteboard schedule for Middleton included a block practice with said alums.

Let’s not get too cynical. I would image the rehearsal block was for the alums who played along with the corps during the encore. I have no inside knowledge but the singing looked pretty spontaneous to me.

Let’s not get too cynical. I would image the rehearsal block was for the alums who played along with the corps during the encore. I have no inside knowledge but the singing looked pretty spontaneous to me.

We were there. The singing in conjunction with YNWA portion of the show was rehearsed a few times with the alumni in the stands prior to the corps breaking for dinner around 5.

BUT...nobody knew they were going to do it during the show, so when they did, my Totally Homer Phantom Regiment Phan Girlfriend lost it, as did just about everyone else in the stands that night.

It was beyond epic, and brought yours truly back to Ice Castles in 1980 when the aisles ran clear with tears and, well...you know what.

In other words, "it was real, and it was spectacular."

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon
  • Like 3

OK...I keep missing it...exactly when in the show does the guard guy walk across the snares?

OK...I keep missing it...exactly when in the show does the guard guy walk across the snares?

Last third of the show, after the snares do the whole machine-gun, M-60 blasts. The snares are on the right side of the 50. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but it does come and go so quickly. Gotta believe everyone will know (or at least the camera guy will know) where it is by Finals.

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon

As of this year, TOC is no longer controlled directly by DCI, but rather by Music in Motion Performing Arts, Inc. of which Madison is not a member. I wouldn't expect the lineup to change next year no matter how well Madison does or how poorly Cavaliers do.

wow...boo. Thanks Sky for the info though! It'll be interesting to see the Dekalb show....see what happens

You keep doing that "comparing scores from different shows" thing. Stop that. I also remember the instant encore thing being miserable, having to do a show and breathlessly play something ELSE on top of that. Come a regional time Madison will get a huge slap in score to make room for the top 6.

Hmm ok, not sure how I was comparing scores to anything, i just meant I liked this type of show better, as a fan. I'm sure as a member, it would kinda suck to do the show, and an encore just after, but as I fan, I appreciated it. As a former member, i can relate to where you're coming from.

As for Madison taking a huge slap...Time will tell, it's early, roger that. The top 6 isn't set in stone by any means. If a corps is better than last years top 6, they'll move up. Not saying Madison is, just saying they are scoring that way now. Sure, without the benefit of a full panel and sure, without everyone together, and I do understand the differences betweeen regional scoring across the country can/will make a difference too. I was just pointing out an observation. :smile:/>

Hmm ok, not sure how I was comparing scores to anything, i just meant I liked this type of show better, as a fan. I'm sure as a member, it would kinda suck to do the show, and an encore just after, but as I fan, I appreciated it. As a former member, i can relate to where you're coming from.

As for Madison taking a huge slap...Time will tell, it's early, roger that. The top 6 isn't set in stone by any means. If a corps is better than last years top 6, they'll move up. Not saying Madison is, just saying they are scoring that way now. Sure, without the benefit of a full panel and sure, without everyone together, and I do understand the differences betweeen regional scoring across the country can/will make a difference too. I was just pointing out an observation. :smile:/>/>

I agree Madison is doing great and I am by no means counting them out. But you mentioned them making "consistently 5th/6th" when they haven't had any regionals or WC-wide basis for that. I'm excited what will go down in August, but I don't think they are by any means "slotted" into a certain area just yet :)

Got the pleasure of seeing the Scouts last Friday. Great show this year and it was one of only two things at the show that actually gave me goosebumps (the other would be when Crossmen played Some Nights).