Madison Scouts 2013

I have to disagree. I love both corps, but Madison and Bluecoats are by far the worst electronic perpretators for using synths to increase the low end sound. If I marched contra for either I'd be pretty annoyed. And I really have no clue why they both do it both horn lines are great. Soon you won't really be able to tell what is horn line and what is "enhanced".

I just thought of this from your comment... old time drum corps didn't even have contrabasses... if the amped up bassline was in the pit, that's even more horn players they could put on trumpet, mello, and baritone like the 50s and 60s, etc.

Definitely not advocating this. Would make for some very intense hornlines, though!

I just thought of this from your comment... old time drum corps didn't even have contrabasses... if the amped up bassline was in the pit, that's even more horn players they could put on trumpet, mello, and baritone like the 50s and 60s, etc.

Definitely not advocating this. Would make for some very intense hornlines, though!

I wonder if we won't start seeing some of the lower-tier corps doing something like this to stay alive. Save money on instruments, instructors, and maintenance... it's basically what they've done on Broadway.

Men, have a great show tonight!

MYNWA

• Like 3

Sounds like lots work done to the show and changes in the past couple of days..

Staff is on point with the men..

Good Luck tonight MYNWA

This "draw" process for regional DCI shows is a bunch of horse manure! The Scouts have been placing solidly ahead of Cavies all season, and now the Cavies "draw" to go on after the Scouts in San Antonio. Even Cavie fans are boasting that this could be "just the break "they" need" to affect the rest of their season. Slot-O-Rama late in the season could answer their very prayers by the outcome Saturday night...Let's hope not!

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 1

Cheer up Jerry. We have a Great group of younger Brothers, a Great show , a Great staff , and GREAT BIG bunch of FANS that support us ! In short , LIFE IS GREAT in the house of The Madison Scouts ! :thumbup:

• Like 6

Cheer up Jerry. We have a Great group of younger Brothers, a Great show , a Great staff , and GREAT BIG bunch of FANS that support us ! In short , LIFE IS GREAT in the house of The Madison Scouts ! :thumbup:/>/>/>/>

I too know and can sing the words to "Kumbaya" and "We Are The World" while wearing my rose colored glasses!...Now back to planet earth Bill. My comments had nothing to do with doubting or questioning the wonderful world that is supposedly the Madison Scouts (I think I hear angels singing). I simply stated that I disagree with the illogical "draw" process that DCI has incorporated...Especially if you've worked your collective arses off to climb out of a very deep and protracted hole. It's called being rewarded for accomplishment! And my role...It's called expression of opinion. Bill, I'm quite cheerful...As a matter of fact, never better! But how you turned the corner and made the leap to la-la land propagandaville when it wasn’t necessary is quite interesting.

P.S...To have a beef with "less than cheery Jerry", you would have more appropriately responded in kind to something like this..."Hey Bill, how come the Scouts only improved by .2 from their last show? What the frick is up with that? I thought you said they made all sorts of blow my mind changes and now the Cavies as of tonight in Houston are like only .2 away from the Scouts! What the frick is up with that? I guess the changes must have sucked because I see that some of the visual scores tonight were like in 5th for the Scouts! What the holy frick is up with that??? The Scouts are doomed"!

There you go Bill...Your beautiful words belonged in response to an example of the aforementioned, not my comments pertaining to competition draw.

Edited by Mad75

I think you should be happy that Madison is even competing in the top 8 again. Not so long ago they were a non-finalist. I understand the frustration but I hope you still enjoy the show regardless of who is beating who.

• Like 2

Krist Mad75, maybe read and study the FRICKIN' recaps and see why Cavies are closing the gap on Scouts! From the beginning,

I and many others predicted that Cavies would eventually pass Madison because they have more content and demand in their show - it's only a matter of cleaning that monster. Is Madison more entertaining? By far! But entertaining is NOT on the sheets.

And like Hidden Monster suggested - Maybe you could enjoy how far Madison has some in a few VERY short years in a VERY competitive field! By the way, did you notice how close they are to Bluecoats at tonight's show? Could you maybe

enjoy that a little if it's that important? But nah, you seem to think they are entitled to another title (or at least a top 5 finish right away....and by the way, you do realize that if they win, you get nothing? YOU don't get another ring. You barely get bragging rights!

• Like 2

Krist Mad75, maybe read and study the FRICKIN' recaps and see why Cavies are closing the gap on Scouts! From the beginning,

I and many others predicted that Cavies would eventually pass Madison because they have more content and demand in their show - it's only a matter of cleaning that monster. Is Madison more entertaining? By far! But entertaining is NOT on the sheets.

And like Hidden Monster suggested - Maybe you could enjoy how far Madison has some in a few VERY short years in a VERY competitive field! By the way, did you notice how close they are to Bluecoats at tonight's show? Could you maybe

enjoy that a little if it's that important? But nah, you seem to think they are entitled to another title (or at least a top 5 finish right away....and by the way, you do realize that if they win, you get nothing? YOU don't get another ring. You barely get bragging rights!

Dude, perhaps you're the one who should chill a bit. He was discussing the "draw" system for regionals , which I also have a problem with. Regionals should be treated like semi finals with your performance order dictated by your quarter finals placement. Or, in this case, the regional prior, not with some "drawing straws" method with the 3 other corps in your pod. It denies you a advantage that you worked your tail off to achieve. Is that somehow difficult to understand? This is a competitive activity, after all.

How you extrapolated what he said into the rant you just launched into is beyond me :huh:

• Like 1