Madison Scouts 2013

That's the point...Argue about what? I don't want you to walk away, I'd much rather have a conversation among friends. One based upon fact and viewpoint, not hyperbole or emotion. I simply expressed my opinion several pages back regarding my disagreement with DCI's system of "drawing" ones appearance time at regional shows. I believe it's highly illogical and potentially damaging, and I would argue that fact on behalf of any drum corps...It's simply too important. My comments (if you'd read them) had nothing to say about (as you and others have somehow disseminated) "Madison always gets screwed"..."It's the judges!"...OR, "It's a mutual Hate Madison Conspiracy going on out there"! Nope, my comments were nothing of the sort. But how you, and the white russian got there is the question. That said, I do agree that there is some major Madison, illogic blind honkism that goes on here. I would say, see it for what it is and move on. Furthermore, be careful of characterizing along with Mr. multiple white russians those from "different" era's or making knee-jerk assessments. There might be insight and perspective from an historical perspective that brings a fair degree of relevance and weight to the conversation. Also, it's very dangerous to project thought or motivation upon another individual. The challenge in this venue is that you have no idea who I am or what's in my heart.

Again, I'd rather that you stay and let us reason and dialogue together as friends (Russian dude, that goes for you as well). I have a lot to learn from those who have come after me and I respect and value your perspective.

Sincerely,

Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact you presented your idea in a rude and disrespectful way. I took it as such, so forgive me if that's not what you meant, however you should choose your words and tone better I think.

Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact you presented your idea in a rude and disrespectful way. I took it as such, so forgive me if that's not what you meant, however you should choose your words and tone better I think.

Fair enough, please forgive me, for there was no ill will intended. I was simply attempting to draw attention (which didn’t seem to be working) to the stark differences and facts between our statements. Again, there is much we can all learn from each other and I appreciate you pointing that out.

• Like 1

I think all the fuss over performance order--- I totally get the frustration-- BUT I think it's empty to blame the order for as much as some on this thread are attempting. ---2013 Judges, when you look at the captions, are clearly fine awarding the corps that come on last and second to last lower captions than the groups before (last night in houston was a great example)- when they deserve it

for a corps to legitimately be competitively superior to another they should be able to out-score them if they come on before, after, or at the same time (hehe) as the others- many past champions (BD is a great example) have had no problems in the past few years coming in 1st even when at region shows they may go on 2nd or 3rd from last... etc.

Think Phantom 2009 or SCV 2005... did they automatically get big scores all year because they placed at or near the top the year before and got good show draws that year because of their previous year's placement? No-- the judges saw their shows those year for what they were and rewarded them accordingly.

give the judges more credit-- I think it's kinda silly to think that the judges are so poor as to so easily reward a corps for how late in the show they perform--

also-- while there has been some flip-flopping. to speak of the current competitive point in this season and say that Madison is any better or worse than 7th- you'd have a hard time judtifying that with facts... just like someone would have a hard time placing bluecoats anyhwere other than 6th or Phantom anywhere other than 5th...

I'd also say Cavies are a pretty solid 8 right now based on their performance at recent shows--- that does NOT mean that this is where these corps will end up by any means... but for July 20th, based on every show up till now... how could you say any of the corps mentioned above had a legitimate and evidence-based claim to being any other rank than what I've spelled out?

Edited by nero14

So today I lost a LOT of respect for Madison alumni. Just because people have different opinions of something you don't need to go off on them. Very disrespectful. Madison is not a top 5 drum corps anymore. Get over it. Seriously.

It's not the end of the world if Madison gets a bad time slot. It's most definitely not some BS G7 conspiracy like some of you crazy folks seem to think.

Madison Alum here. That's a pretty broad brush you are painting with. A good summary of why so many of us (from all corps, not just Scouts) stay away from this board now.

also it feels like many of the past 9 years i've been in big arguments with madison fans, BBMM for example ;-)--

and we've often come to a good mutual understanding- but when I really think about it- I do have to applaud the passion of the Madison Scounts alumni, parents, and fans.. they are some of the the most passionate and loyal in the activity and I think I can honestly say that if every corps had alumni and supporters that were as passionate, DCI would be a better place and I really mean that.

doesn't mean I agree with you guys all that often, however, don't get me wrong :-)

:-)

Madison Alum here. That's a pretty broad brush you are painting with. A good summary of why so many of us (from all corps, not just Scouts) stay away from this board now.

I apologize. I should limit it to the people on DCP. There's a reason my corps directors have made fun of DCP and told us not to go here I guess.

• Like 1

I apologize. I should limit it to the people on DCP. There's a reason my corps directors have made fun of DCP and told us not to go here I guess.

Your corps director tells you to stay off of DCP so you won't say something stupid and embarras the corps. They don't like that type of controversy or problem. If you are a MM for a corps, you might take your director's advice. If not, fire away. We Madison fans are tough and have a bit of a sense of humor (until you start talking about Albert Lo and his judging).

Your corps director tells you to stay off of DCP so you won't say something stupid and embarras the corps. They don't like that type of controversy or problem. If you are a MM for a corps, you might take your director's advice. If not, fire away. We Madison fans are tough and have a bit of a sense of humor (until you start talking about Albert Lo and his judging).

That's really only like a quarter of the reason, but okay. I will just stay away from this thread then.

Please stop calling Madison a "rightful top 5 drum corps". They have an amazing show, yes, but to say they are already deservedly ahead of the two in front of them? That is a bit naive.

To deny that the Scouts are a DCI "blue blood" program is naive. They may have had a rough decade or so, but that doesn't change the fact that they are one of the blue bloods. Notre Dame was really good this last season for the first time in quite a few years...would anyone deny that they are a blue blood college football program? Same scenario here.

So today I lost a LOT of respect for Madison alumni. Just because people have different opinions of something you don't need to go off on them. Very disrespectful. Madison is not a top 5 drum corps anymore. Get over it. Seriously.

It's not the end of the world if Madison gets a bad time slot. It's most definitely not some BS G7 conspiracy like some of you crazy folks seem to think.

Dude, first of all...a lot of pretentiousness to your post, but you come in here and lecture people on why they shouldn't be upset with how the Scouts are scoring/placing/slotted/etc and then take offense when someone answers? Not to mention the hyperbole of the "G7 conspiracy" comment. No one is that the drawing straws stupidity of performance order was a G7 conspiracy, which is the post that you INITIALLY replied to.

So get outta here with that mess about "oh I lost respect for Madison alumni, blah, blah, blah". Come in with a more sincere attitude rather than lecturing others and maybe you won't be so easily offended?