Madison Scouts 2013

I don't think most corps have the courage to announce a show this quick after finals.

I know we will have the nay-sayers showing up sooner than we can stomach, but for now, let's all be excited about the successes of the 2012 corps and where things will go for our 75th!

• Like 1

Wow! I think this is the earliest a Corps has announced its show for the following season.

I'm very intrigued and excited about this show. Part of the title seems odd to me though "75 years

of survival". I wonder if that will play into the theme somehow.

They are playing Destiny's Child?! What!? :w00t:

It seems like each year since James Mason and Company came on staff, the show announcements

have garnered mixed feelings about what the show would be like. But each year, the shows have delivered big time!

I'm absolutely sure the 75th anniversary show will do the same!

• Like 1

Night on Bald Mountain sound wickedly scary!!! Incan't wait to see what they do with this piece!!'

20 CONTRAS PLEASE FOR 2013!!! When they play never walk during their show i'll be overcome with emotion.

• Like 1

Good for Madison for announcing next years show immediately. The secrecy in which corps protect their show information is just ridiculous. This isn't NASA...its Drum & Bugle Corps.

As far as the show goes, I just listened to NOBM, & I gotta say that this doesn't sound like a Madison tune. It sounds perfect for PR or SCV.

I was hoping for a Spanish & Jazz show. God how I wish someone played Spanish & Jazz in drum corps again.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 2

I was hoping for a Spanish & Jazz show. God how I wish someone played Spanish & Jazz in drum corps again.

Cue the Crossmen!

In any case, I'm hoping for something innovative from Madison. The whole 'traditional / classic' show from 'X' corps is cool, but I don't like how corps can become reliant on their 'stock' style to play it safe. As much as I disliked BD's show this year, what I did like about it was how innovative it was.

Good for Madison for announcing next years show immediately. The secrecy in which corps protect their show information is just ridiculous. This isn't NASA...its Drum & Bugle Corps.

Given the anniversary year, I'd guess that have all their ducks in a row already and have arrangements done and in the hands of the returning vet.....that's how I'D do it!

As far as the show goes, I just listened to NOBM, & I gotta say that this doesn't sound like a Madison tune. It sounds perfect for PR or SCV.

Nothing says that can't jazz up NOBM....look at William Tell from Surf this year...a good chunk of that wasn't strictly the Rossini.

• Like 1