Madison Scouts 2013

I know these things change from day to day but it's pretty ###### cool to see Madison in 5th place right now. That's a good sign no matter how things turn out by the end of the season.

• Like 1

From what I see the visual program is much stronger than in 2011. And, the percussion and horn books are much stronger this year. I think they are right on schedule with their long term plans to get better competitively each year. Having said that, I think top 7 or 6 is a very realistic achievement for this year!

And Bob here isn't just blowing smoke and being a homer for Madison. I remember he was pretty vocal about his criticisms for their

less than stellar 2011 visual program. Looking at it again, it did have many issues that were never really fixed, but as he

stated, this year is an entirely different animal with what looks like a very solid visual program!

I think they were trying to be smart about progressively giving them more incrementally and not burdening the members with more than they could handle. Kind of a slow and steady rebuild.

I remember he was pretty vocal about his criticisms for their less-than-stellar 2011 visual program. Looking at it again, it did have many issues that were never really fixed, but as he stated, this year is an entirely different animal with what looks like a very solid visual program!

Of course, the biggest problem with looking back at the 2011 Madison visuals is that you can't see about 30% of them because the screen's blacked out.

• Like 1

Of course, the biggest problem with looking back at the 2011 Madison visuals is that you can't see about 30% of them because the screen's blacked out.

Lol, true...maybe someday they will clear the synching rites and we'll be able to see and hear them at the same time!

Next big test for the men from Madison will be July 10th when the come up against SCV.

After that it'll be Minneapolis on July 13th when they all come together.

Looking forward to watching them tonight on the FN. Although I say tonight, more like tomorrow for me..... Muncie is 5 hours behind.

I think they were trying to be smart about progressively giving them more incrementally and not burdening the members with more than they could handle. Kind of a slow and steady rebuild.

You are probably exactly on with that philosophy!

I can't remember where I heard this. Don't even quote me on it for sure. But, if I remember correctly in 2010 when the old Star of Indiana staff came on board, there was the idea of a 5 year progressive plan to get the Scouts back to competing for titles. This is year 3, so I would say they are on a pretty good track!

Actually, from what I was told, James Mason and MEG committed for 3 years (2010-2012), with the condition that they saw the proper administrative growth and fiscal responsibility that would set the Scouts up long term. This is the first year outside of that agreement that MEG has continued their affiliation with the Scouts, so they are obviously heading in the right direction.

So I wander of the Scouts could committ MEG to a contract extension?