Madison Scouts 2013

Saw the Scouts a couple of nights ago in Cincy. Very impressed with show design...best they've had since the Carmen show in 05.

For some reason YNWA isn't getting the crowd reaction I thought it would, but maybe that was just the Cincy crowd.

So great to see them back in the thick of a battle for top 6.

Saw the Scouts a couple of nights ago in Cincy. Very impressed with show design...best they've had since the Carmen show in 05.

For some reason YNWA isn't getting the crowd reaction I thought it would, but maybe that was just the Cincy crowd.

So great to see them back in the thick of a battle for top 6.

Even though this is the closest their DM Sean Hadley will get to a home show this season, if the crowd is mostly bandos and new viewers will they understand the history of YNWA with the Scouts these 75 years or just think it is neat that the guys are singing nicely???

Even though this is the closest their DM Sean Hadley will get to a home show this season, if the crowd is mostly bandos and new viewers will they understand the history of YNWA with the Scouts these 75 years or just think it is neat that the guys are singing nicely???

That's part of my problem using it as a closer; a lot might not get the significance. I like it for the poignant moment it creates, but I can see that falling flat with some.

Do you guys think that the judges are giving the scouts some love this year because of their 75th anniversary, or do they really believe the scouts have actually turned the corner and have started to finally put out the type of both visually and musical program that they like to see?

Do you guys think that the judges are giving the scouts some love this year because of their 75th anniversary, or do they really believe the scouts have actually turned the corner and have started to finally put out the type of both visually and musical program that they like to see?

At least from what I have seen, the guard captions and percussion captions have earned increased scores. Drill is getting there. Brassline is well on their way. Overall show design is showing more technique than mere emotion.

That is good to hear!

That's part of my problem using it as a closer; a lot might not get the significance. I like it for the poignant moment it creates, but I can see that falling flat with some.

Trust me, it won't fall flat when Madison gets to Massachusetts . The fans at the show there will " get it ".

Trust me, it won't fall flat when Madison gets to Massachusetts . The fans at the show there will " get it ".

Oh, when it comes to drum corps, those in the northeast are worthy of a similar moniker applied to Cardinals baseball fans, "the best fans in drum corps." Very knowledgable and very appreciative.

• Like 1

I think our thread got buried really quickly, but as a reminder to everyone interested: the filmmakers of "Scouts Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood" will be holding an online Q&A tomorrow before Drums on Parade!

Check this link out for more details: http://www.scoutshonormovie.com/2013/06/24/qa-with-the-scouts-honor-filmmakers/

Actually, from what I was told, James Mason and MEG committed for 3 years (2010-2012), with the condition that they saw the proper administrative growth and fiscal responsibility that would set the Scouts up long term. This is the first year outside of that agreement that MEG has continued their affiliation with the Scouts, so they are obviously heading in the right direction.

I asked Chris Komnick last summer in Round Rock, TX about this supposed "3 year" commitment by James Mason and MEG. And he told me flat out that he does not know where that rumor originated. He stated that there is not and never was a set time period put in place by Mr. Mason in which he or others would exit stage right. Chris left me with the impression that they've discussed show concepts well into the future. But of course, as is with life, everything can change tomorrow.