Madison Scouts 2013

I asked Chris Komnick last summer in Round Rock, TX about this supposed "3 year" commitment by James Mason and MEG. And he told me flat out that he does not know where that rumor originated. He stated that there is not and never was a set time period put in place by Mr. Mason in which he or others would exit stage right. Chris left me with the impression that they've discussed show concepts well into the future. But of course, as is with life, everything can change tomorrow.

I could easily be wrong, but that's what I was told from someone I would consider "in the know".

I saw on Facebook that the Scouts are performing in the Macys Thanksgiving parade in 2014.

• Like 3

Yes, scouts and alumni!

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_YykPEhsRA

Notice the alums standing and singing along from the stands!

Thanks for indulging me. :smile:/>/>/>

Thanks for the great pictures!

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

TOP 8 does not get you into the TOC shows. They just change the qualifyers at whim, thats all. Besides, there is nothing really special about the TOC shows anyway as near as I can tell.

Brasso...no offense, but have you ever been to a TOC show?? IMO they are much better...the competition is better, the all corps retreat, like the old days better, The everyone playing together during the retreat is better (bring back America the beautiful and O Canada!) the after each show immediate encores are better. My only gripe is I don't like the random order everyone goes on in...last one I went to BD went first...didn't like that since they were the best at the time. (not a big BD fan) The other thing that's going on this year is Madsion is running Top 5/6 consistently and they won't be there, which i understand why due to previous commitments they can't just add Madison. Still though.

Editied to take out "are better"

Edited by rainshdw08

Brasso...no offense, but have you ever been to a TOC show?? IMO they are much better...the competition is better, the all corps retreat, like the old days are better, The everyone playing together during the retreat is better (bring back America the beautiful and O Canada!) the after each show immediate encores are better. My only gripe is I don't like the random order everyone goes on in...last one I went to BD went first...didn't like that since they were the best at the time. (not a big BD fan) The other thing that's going on this year is Madsion is running Top 5/6 consistently and they won't be there, which i understand why due to previous commitments they can't just add Madison. Still though.

As of this year, TOC is no longer controlled directly by DCI, but rather by Music in Motion Performing Arts, Inc. of which Madison is not a member. I wouldn't expect the lineup to change next year no matter how well Madison does or how poorly Cavaliers do.

Edited by skywhopper

Brasso...no offense, but have you ever been to a TOC show?? IMO they are much better...the competition is better, the all corps retreat, like the old days are better, The everyone playing together during the retreat is better (bring back America the beautiful and O Canada!) the after each show immediate encores are better. My only gripe is I don't like the random order everyone goes on in...last one I went to BD went first...didn't like that since they were the best at the time. (not a big BD fan) The other thing that's going on this year is Madsion is running Top 5/6 consistently and they won't be there, which i understand why due to previous commitments they can't just add Madison. Still though.

You keep doing that "comparing scores from different shows" thing. Stop that. I also remember the instant encore thing being miserable, having to do a show and breathlessly play something ELSE on top of that. Come a regional time Madison will get a huge slap in score to make room for the top 6.

• Like 1

You keep doing that "comparing scores from different shows" thing. Stop that. I also remember the instant encore thing being miserable, having to do a show and breathlessly play something ELSE on top of that. Come a regional time Madison will get a huge slap in score to make room for the top 6.

Quite possibly, but I also am curious to see how close they'll be. I have to imagine since they've seen Bluecoats twice and been around 2 points behind, they won't be TOO far out of the mix.