Madison Scouts 2013

Madison's show is without a doubt one of my two favorite shows this year (the other being Santa Clara). The pre-show along with the big hit give me chills. The ending brings me to tears. I do have one disappointment. They don't play a lick of jazz or latin anywhere in the show. :sad:/> Just my personal taste, I miss that this year. But overall, outstanding show and I think it will easily contend for top 6. :smile:/>

• Like 1

I am excited about the Scout's entire show this year!!! But, it is very interesting that no one is mentioning their drum line this year. That Scout drum line is smoking and it all started last year. Also, i think it is conceivable for them to place in the top 3 or 4 drum lines in August!

• Like 1

Hmmm....I watched the drumline for 4 days leading up to their first show. I'd love to see a top 3 or 4 line, but I'd be shocked.

Really? Why would you be shocked?

I think they're improved over the last couple of seasons. Top 3-4? That might be a stretch. If they aren't scoring top 6-7 though, it's gonna be tough to climb the ladder. Same with color guard.

Really? Why would you be shocked?

I'm guessing it just would boil down to the fact that you can have an absolutely incredible drumline these days and still not crack the top 5. The quality of drumlines these days is staggering, and to place that high the demand has to be off the charts while maintaining the execution.

If you have that high quality of a drum line, and because you are in the mix with other high quality drum lines, does it mean that your drum line has to maintain that level for several years before you would even be considered good enough to be up there with say a Santa Clara or Blue Devils just because of their past achievements in that area or caption? If the answer to that is probably yes, then I am lead to believe that the judging in dci is more so subjective and biased rather than fair and objective on a year to year basis.

If you have that high quality of a drum line, and because you are in the mix with other high quality drum lines, does it mean that your drum line has to maintain that level for several years before you would even be considered good enough to be up there with say a Santa Clara or Blue Devils just because of their past achievements in that area or caption? If the answer to that is probably yes, then I am lead to believe that the judging in dci is more so subjective and biased rather than fair and objective on a year to year basis.

I don't know about that so much, I guess all things considered equal the lines that typically place in the top 5 may get the nod over a contender, you know all that psychology of judging subconscious stuff, but I DO think there is validity to the notion that if the other sections are placing in the 7-8-9 range it becomes very difficult for 1 section to place in the 3-4-5 range.

Like you said, the psychology of it all.

Madison's show is without a doubt one of my two favorite shows this year (the other being Santa Clara). The pre-show along with the big hit give me chills. The ending brings me to tears. I do have one disappointment. They don't play a lick of jazz or latin anywhere in the show. sad.gif/> Just my personal taste, I miss that this year. But overall, outstanding show and I think it will easily contend for top 6. smile.gif/>

I totally love this show! It had me so choked up! The Scouts have a presence on the field like none other.

• Like 2