Madison Scouts 2013

July 6th 2013 Facebook*

Madison Scouts

One of the Scouts buses was hit from behind this morning while in transit. We have no injuries and are now safely at our housing site.

• Like 1

July 6th 2013 Facebook*

Madison Scouts

One of the Scouts buses was hit from behind this morning while in transit. We have no injuries and are now safely at our housing site.

What a way for a wake-up call! Glad that all passengers are safe.

• Like 1

The best era for the Madison Scouts was the 1980s; great look, great sound, great music, great shows. From the mid-'90s through current, they have become a caricature of themselves (save the pirate show in '97; that was awesome).

On a humane note, it's good to read that no one was hurt in the vehicle incident. We may all bash each other 'round here; but I'm sure we can all agree that we wish everyone and those on the road good health and no injuries.

• Like 2

No, I think with exception of about two years, the 80s were their glory years. I may be biased because I marched with them during the 80s.

• Like 1

The best era for the Madison Scouts was the 1980s; great look, great sound, great music, great shows. From the mid-'90s through current, they have become a caricature of themselves (save the pirate show in '97; that was awesome).

On a humane note, it's good to read that no one was hurt in the vehicle incident. We may all bash each other 'round here; but I'm sure we can all agree that we wish everyone and those on the road good health and no injuries.

I pretty much agree, with the exception of 99. That was old school as hell and one of my fav Scouts shows ever.

• Like 1

No, I think with exception of about two years, the 80s were their glory years. I may be biased because I marched with them during the 80s.

What 3 year period have the Madison Scouts finished 1st and 2nd, as they did in 1974, 1975, 1976 ? Any discussion of the " Glory Years " of the Madison Scouts, imo, needs to include the period of '74-76, as 1) there were more Corps they had to beat and 2) there has been no period in which they finished 1st or 2nd in the 3 years as they did in '74, 75, 76... nothing against other decades Madison Scouts, as they are worthy and can be in the conversation as " The Glory Years " as well. But '74 '75, and '76 were unprecedented in placements in their entire history for them, and as such, has to be included as well, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

its more like 75 glorious years

• Like 2

Wow - Madison had a great drum score last night. Hanging with the big boys these days.

• Like 3