Another open letter to DCI.

And he would be correct in saying that unless you can prove otherwise. :lookaround::devil:

yeah ok...can u? :rolleyes::tongue: yeah I know we all know the majority, sat with all who felt the same, EVERYONE....lmao..........ok well doesnt really matter at all does it now :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

Though they won high brass, and while I appreciate playing loud, slow and in control is not easy, I personally found their brass book to lack some of the difficultly of BD's.

I took everything in your post seriously until you posted this. "Loud, Slow, and in Control", are we sure you're not switching the two corps around?

IMHO, BD has two volumes.... FFFFFF, and horns down.

They were beautiful at floating across the field in slow motion (literally) with 80-120 BPM being a more than common tempo.

And the Apollo 13 theme was the most controlled piece of the evening.

Crown is SO absolutely freaking dynamic when it comes to their book and execution. The range of their highs and lows is unmatched, the tempos vary immensely, simultaneous responsibility is through the roof, and the environmental challenges from goal to goal are ludicrous. For anyone to say it "lacked the difficulty of BD", I'm sorry, I just can't personally take that seriously. Fan of Crown or not.

• Like 5

yeah ok...can u? :rolleyes::tongue: yeah I know we all know the majority, sat with all who felt the same, EVERYONE....lmao..........ok well doesnt really matter at all does it now :smile:

All I have to do is post count on people that try and make it seem like THEY are in the majority. The few, the proud, the DCP.

All I have to do is post count on people that try and make it seem like THEY are in the majority. The few, the proud, the DCP.

news flash DCP is a fraction of the people or opinions on anything within the activity :tongue:but youre right ANYONE can claim majority if the seek long enough,,,,so im with ya

Edited by GUARDLING

I took everything in your post seriously until you posted this. "Loud, Slow, and in Control", are we sure you're not switching the two corps around?

IMHO, BD has two volumes.... FFFFFF, and horns down.

They were beautiful at floating across the field in slow motion (literally) with 80-120 BPM being a more than common tempo.

And the Apollo 13 theme was the most controlled piece of the evening.

Crown is SO absolutely freaking dynamic when it comes to their book and execution. The range of their highs and lows is unmatched, the tempos vary immensely, simultaneous responsibility is through the roof, and the environmental challenges from goal to goal are ludicrous. For anyone to say it "lacked the difficulty of BD", I'm sorry, I just can't personally take that seriously. Fan of Crown or not.

I did not phrase that very well. I was comparing two subsets of the show for each corps that stand out in my mind. I was thinking of the "Fanfare for the Common Man" part for Crown which was fanstastic. It was not a "ton of notes" chart but was the loud, slow and in control. For BD, while the "Apollo 13" part is as you describe, I was thinking more about the running notes in the various voices in "Bird and Bela."

This old dino is done with drum corps i believe. Seeing that Crown didnt win it just doesnt seem like drum corps anymore. Where is the boston crusaders 2000 show. Where is Crown 2007 show so exciting. I still love me some boston 99 as well. I dont hate Bd hell i turned them down for a spot in 77 to march with the Kingsmen. I felt loyalty to the Kingsmen. 76 BD is one of the best shows ever fielded imo. Things are so different now. I really believe that i am done and that sadens me. Long live drum corps it was the best years of my life. Peace out.

• Like 1

I did not phrase that very well. I was comparing two subsets of the show for each corps that stand out in my mind. I was thinking of the "Fanfare for the Common Man" part for Crown which was fanstastic. It was not a "ton of notes" chart but was the loud, slow and in control. For BD, while the "Apollo 13" part is as you describe, I was thinking more about the running notes in the various voices in "Bird and Bela."

Fair enough.

I do encourage you to take another listen to some of the Bertrand Moren stuff though in Crown's production. That is about as many "running notes" you can get, and literally WHILE running as well. BD played wonderfully with a lot of the Bird and Bela stuff as stationary sets. Just MO.

• Like 1

Fair enough.

I do encourage you to take another listen to some of the Bertrand Moren stuff though in Crown's production. That is about as many "running notes" you can get, and literally WHILE running as well. BD played wonderfully with a lot of the Bird and Bela stuff as stationary sets. Just MO.

I am not trying to diss on Crown's show at all. They had a really good show and I think it is one I will enjoy watching and listening to in the future. Had BD not been in contention, I would have been pleased such an appealing show won. And I agree they have some great moving parts as well. Just those respective parts of the shows are what really stand out in my mind's eye as highlights of the respective shows.