Another open letter to DCI.

no i have been involved with people who have only a few years experience that offer alot and I also have delt with those who have been around the activity for decades and are still stuck and all they do is moan and grown about everything down to a plume color, who would love to see high leg lift again, a color pre, boots on a guard etc etc...im always like ...why do you go...its more like a way to migrate with a few others to pat each other on the back and talk about the good ole days and how these kids dont know crap..actually real funny to watch

I do think you overestimate what on ANY board not just here..I can tell you here most MM are discouraged from their corps...although I can tell you there are 2 corps that have DCP night on the bus when traveling...its pretty funny, but I not getting into that...lol :shutup:

I'm sorry but a preference for a different era does not constitute an uneducated opinion.

There are three things we say about people that don't hold our point of view - ignorant, stupid, or evil.

1 - If they don't agree - they must be ingnorant of the facts - once I explain the facts they will agree with me.

2 - Oh - I explained the facts and they still don't agree - they must be too stupid to understand the way I do.

3 - In the event niether of these explanations hold up - they must be evil. They are plotting to bring back marching timps, timing guns and rope tuned, calfskin head drums. It's a plot.

The first two are hubris - the third is paranioa. It works for both sides of any disagreement.

So next time you want to use the term "uneducated opinion" - think about ignorant, stupid, or evil......

• Like 1

I'm sorry but a preference for a different era does not constitute an uneducated opinion.

There are three things we say about people that don't hold our point of view - ignorant, stupid, or evil.

1 - If they don't agree - they must be ingnorant of the facts - once I explain the facts they will agree with me.

2 - Oh - I explained the facts and they still don't agree - they must be too stupid to understand the way I do.

3 - In the event niether of these explanations hold up - they must be evil. They are plotting to bring back marching timps, timing guns and rope tuned, calfskin head drums. It's a plot.

The first two are hubris - the third is paranioa. It works for both sides of any disagreement.

So next time you want to use the term "uneducated opinion" - think about ignorant, stupid, or evil......

anyone can twist whatever wording you want to use. IF you think there arent people who exsists with those qualitities you said today as well as yesterday or 3 decades ago welllllll...yes your 1st point it would be un educated if they are commenting on something today with no clue of todays activity , If they have chose to stay at a specific point and nothing more then they dont have the eduication on todays activity to make an assesment. How could they, You cant compare 2012 to 1972..its not the same game or the same world

I also never said those I spoke of that it was just a different preference ( maybe I didnt explain it well )a preference is fine, to each his own

Edited by GUARDLING

anyone can twist whatever wording you want to use. IF you think there arent people who exsists with those qualitities you said today as well as yesterday or 3 decades ago welllllll...yes your 1st point it would be un educated if they are commenting on something today with no clue of todays activity , If they have chose to stay at a specific point and nothing more then they dont have the eduication on todays activity to make an assesment. How could they, You cant compare 2012 to 1972..its not the same game or the same world

I do believe that most people commenting regularly on DCP have been at least plugged into FN recently, so I don't think your concern is really that valid.

But yes - despite the three laws of differing opinion I laid out above - that doesn't mean there aren't some really dumb-### people out there.

On both sides of the discussion.......

Edited by Grandpa

I do believe that most people commenting regularly on DCP have been at least plugged into FN recently, so I don't think your concern is really that valid.

But yes - despite the three laws of differing opinion I laid out above - that doesn't mean there aren't some really dumb-### people out there.

On both sides of the discussion.......

yeah youre right on both sides, as far as my opinion, well we all have one :smile:

I'm sure I'll get a beating for saying this, but it sure seems like a lot of people care more about their own personal gratification when it comes to drum corps than what should be the primary focus of DCI (making sure the participants have a great experience). If you aren't entertained, then so be it. You are free to complain and boycott DCI if you want to. Just remember that it is more than just the "designers" that are impacted by you leaving. There is a lot more going on here than just "entertaining the fans".

true. but paying fans pay the bills. it is a fine line to walk.

many corps go all out trying to straddle that line, and several do well.

some, IMO don't even try