Can Phantom get ANY love?!?!

Loved the following quote from the PR banquet - -

"It isn't about winning. It's about WORLD DOMINATION!"

Dan Farrell also said at the banquet that he thought the members this year had an above average skill level. So let's give some credit to the members being of high caliber.

Edited by Buick Dad
  • Like 2

I'd say third place is more than a little love. They did very well and beat some other very fine organizations to earn that placement. :satisfied:

My fave show this season, and for many other folks. If they can get the percussion section back on track, they'll be in a better situation to get higher than 3rd.

Some people have trouble separating the issues that maybe their favorite program doesn't win. There are usually good reasons, and it's okay to enjoy a non-winner more than the champ if it floats your boat the most. I'm not agonizing over the fact my fave DCI show didn't win. I understand why, it's all good, PR will strive to improve what needs improved for next season.

• Like 1

who cares about who is talking about them on DCP. You should have seen the souvie line at finals. Longest of them all BY FAR. Thats what really matters right? The phans love them.

• Like 3

Staff changes usually equate to a brand new building process that seems to always result in a drop in placement, ie. SCV from the mid-2000's until now, Blue Stars 2012. But what does Phantom do after getting a new brass caption head, arranger, and visual designer all in the same year? They achieve their highest placement since Spartacus, that's what!

I'm a huge Phantom Phan and really loved their show this year....so I hate to even go in this direction. But there has been some pretty strong debate regarding the whole Rennick/Gwaltney change. I'm in the camp that doesn't feel that a change in caption head should necessarily equal 2 back to back 7th place seasons, but many feel otherwise. It is interesting though that in this case staff changes equaled a positive for the corps. Hopefully next year the percussion scores will at least be more competitive so that they can make a serious challenge for the gold.

Either way 2012 was a great year and a solid program that was appreciated by most, if not all fans.

Edited by Phantom1701

Phantom gets ALL of my love. No corps can compete with their class and beauty. That's why I'm hoping to march with them next summer for my age-out and that's why I wouldn't want to be with any other corps.