Favorite Show of 2012?

Favorite Show of 2012?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Open Class show of 2012?

• Oregon Crusaders - "Dreaming in Color"
    • Blue Devils B - "Ecstatic Waters"
    • Vanguard Cadets - "Heroes and Legends"
    • Spartans - "Renewal"
    • 7th Regiment - "24601-7R"
    • Genesis - "Epic"
    • Gold - "Different"
    • Legends - "The Edmund Fitzgerald"
    • Music City - "Phantoms of the Grand Ole Opera"
    • Raiders - "Warped"
    • Revolution - "Shattered"
    • Colt Cadets - "Alive!"
    • Les Stentors - "The Sixties"
    • Blue Saints - "Diamond in the Rough"
    • Blue Devils C - "The American West"
    • City Sound - "Sound of Miami"
    • Forte - "Crossroads"
    • Impulse - "Overture!"
    • Racine Scouts - "The American Experience"
    • Spirit of Newark/NJ - "Night Watch"
    • Thunder - "Reflections"
    • Velvet Knights - "Moving Forward"

I voted for the Racine Scouts. That show really had something special about it. I wish I would've been able to see it completed.

Edited by losnickes

My favorite was Vanguard Cadets Heros and Legends. It was a great homage to SCV traditions and well know and loved shows in the past. Besides my daughter marches on the horn line!

• Like 1

I may be somewhat partial and I didnt get to see all the shows, but I think for thinking outside the box The Raiders use of the tarp really explained the Warped show. A journey on a Red Brick Road, whether that road was in the Twilight Zone or started along side the Yellow Brick Road in Oz.

I realize some felt the design of the show wasn't up to their standards, but I think for what they were trying to convey on the field, the tarp added quite a bit.

I also loved Oregons show as well.

Overall, I was more entertained by the Open Class shows this year than the World Class shows.

• Like 1

I picked Vanguard Cadets and would have picked Legends if I had a second choice -- but enjoyed several others nearly as much.

The Oregon Crusaders had a great well rounded show. It was entertaining, visual and kept my interest from the start to the end. Vanguard Cadets also had a great show, but I will have to give my nod to the Oregon Crusaders. They really stepped it up this year.

For those who have never seen Blue Devils C: they are the only Blue Devils Corps that is worth watching. Those guys go out and perform like champs, and there are some really really young ones out there too. This organization keeps the traditional drum corps values alive, Everyone gets to march. I bet there is a lot of music with the fingerings written in so these kids who can't read music yet, learn their show. The show this year was also homage to old school corps.... and this corps is the most feared corps in all of DCI to follow! You just can't follow cute.

And.... the end of their season? They go to Disneyland!!! :thumbup:

Oregon Crusaders all the way. They should be a World Class corps next year. I think they have what it takes. :thumbup:

• Like 1

The Oregon Crusader show was my number one pick... yes yes yes I have a kid in the corps... but the show had legs... the judges liked it... and many in world class took note of it. But I also just LOVED SCVC, Gold, 7th Regiment, Legends and Spartans.

(Also, as a side note that has nothing to do with shows... my pick for best uniforms is the Spartans. Very sharp! And congrats to the Spartans color guard for getting first)

Edited by luv4corps