"Pushing the Boundaries of Innovation" vs "Tradition"

I don't know why it is so hard to figure out. Electronics should ONLY be judged in the GE category. It should not be judged as part of the other music categories (unless someone is actually playing an electronic instrument on the field that takes some skill). If the electronics are used poorly, then it detracts from the GE, doesn't it? What am I missing? This seems pretty straight forward.

wrong. if there are blend nad balance issues, or timing issues, that's ensemble's job too.

well, it's tough to put it on the sheets....not everyone uses it. you know as well as I do you put it on there, everyone uses it. ( and no, not the guy you're thinking of)

judging out of caption happens a lot. yes there is bleed over, but far too much visual on music tapes, yet rarely any music mentioned on visual tapes. sure on paper the system is 50/50 music to visual, but the commentary is more like 65/35 visual to music.

on GE music who gives a #### about the color of the flag. it's a music sheet

as to your last line I know what you mean BUT have ( for many years heard visual stuff on percussion tapes as well as brass tapes...mainly because we are a visual medium and judges want to see what they are hearing...so flag color , although may not mean anything technically, the connection between hearing and seeing become 1...many judges will just mention it some will harp on it

When would the DCI Corps do the figure skating like " Short program ", just at Finals or at Regionals or at local shows ? Even if its at just finals, we'd have Corps doing 6 shows ? ( Short and Long version ) . I don't see this happening. Plus, didn't the figure skating community do away with the compulsories awhile back ?

Edited by BRASSO

Any sound produced on the field is judged on the ensemble sheet. It's effect (or lack of) is judged on the GE sheet.

And that "Effect" judgement is completely opinion. I like and understand why we need the caption but it is the BIG HOLE of controversy. Opinions and ########... everyone has one.

Any sound produced on the field is judged on the ensemble sheet. It's effect (or lack of) is judged on the GE sheet.

Is electronics considered on the field? Only reason I ask is due to all the balance issues. I would consider balance completely in the ensemble category.

Is electronics considered on the field? Only reason I ask is due to all the balance issues. I would consider balance completely in the ensemble category.

if referring to electronics balance, I would HOPE it is not being included on the field...really applies to any commentary on balance, not just electronics.

Yup...I have said that many times, and just recently in one of the current threads.

This answers my previous question. I thought so but electronics is not completely judged this way. That is an issue.