Colts Helmet this year distracting

I was surprised to see the Colts helmet this year on the field, last year it wasnt there and it made it so much nicer to watch the drills, the helmet was quite distracting, especially on fan network

• Like 1

i found this completely dreadful and am quite shocked that so few have mentioned it!

such a disservice to all the hardworking designers out there to have there work defaced.

It was there in 2010 - could be a result of the game played in the stadium the following day?

This is why. It is removable, but they need more than a few hours to turn it around. With DCI ending late on Saturday and the NFL game during the day on Sunday, they had to put the helmet logo on the field before Championships.

Thought this thread was going to be about the Colts' Shakos. I was thoroughly confused reading the first post.

I don't think it was that distracting. I noticed it once or twice, but it wasn't a huge deal.

• Like 4

It happens. I've marched on plenty of logos before, didn't bother me much as a performer.

This is why. It is removable, but they need more than a few hours to turn it around. With DCI ending late on Saturday and the NFL game during the day on Sunday, they had to put the helmet logo on the field before Championships.

This, and also, the stadium had purchased an all green field center to be painted on for the Super Bowl, and I assume that's either gone, or sold, or still painted with the SB logo, or something...

The helmet used this weekend was the helmet with the actual blades of turf that come colored, not the one that's green that they have to paint. Same with the endzones. They DO touch up this turf and brighten up this turf with regular paint from time to time, but the actual turf is pre-colored.

Edited by Lead