Judge panels

I would like to know how the judges are selected for prelims, semis, and finals. Who selects them and decides what night they judge? Secondly, and most importantly, what is the pocess for determining who is on what pannel. Are they randomly picked out of a hat?, or do select individuals get to choose who is on what pannel...and if so, who are they?. Lastly, who are the judges accountable to?

Just repeating the original question.

I've always been curious myself.

Does anyone actually know the answer to the question?

The obvious answer is the Chief Judge of DCI.

That's true. But, surely, it's not such a secret process that they are the only person who knows.

Hmmmmm most interesting isn't it, the difficulty in answering the questions?

It's not interesting that on a forum of arm-chair fans who mostly have nothing to do with the inner-workings of any drum corps, let alone DCI, that they unsurprisingly have no idea how things work

Also...

IS IT JUNE 2013 YET?!?!?!?!

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 1

Some corps did not get a favorable panel at finals. But I don't think there was any sort of conspiracy to load a particular panel for or against a particular corps.

The corps who mostly didn't get a "favorable panel" at finals also typically had "large flaws" with their design and/or execution.

It's not interesting that on a forum of arm-chair fans who mostly have nothing to do with the inner-workings of any drum corps, let alone DCI, that they unsurprisingly have no idea how things work

I wonder if we were people wondering how Olympic gymnastics judges were picked if we could go somewhere and get a description of the process. Is it a secret how referees get picked for the Super Bowl or can I find it somewhere?

What is interesting is how much stuff is NOT on DCI's website. I was interested recently in just getting a list of the personnel at DCI management and expected to find it on the website somewhere. Couldn't find it. If it's there, it's well-hidden.