Smokeshows

Man, if I were a guard member and reading this, I'd at first maybe feel somewhat flattered but objectified at the same time. Then seeing all the comments about 'corps goggles' and '50 yard Fakeout', I'd feel truly offended. thumbdown.gif

I think more and more attractive girls at high schools where they have great/winning guards are choosing guard over drill-team these days. They realize you can be beautiful and do something with more mental demand and skill required. Just from personal observation, it seems that we are progressing as a society, and girls and women realize that now the cool thing to do is to be pretty AND smart and empowered.

I think you are accurately seeing beautiful guards these days, both guys and girls.

Sorry to be a buzz kill. But seriously, there are corps members that read these after they go home from marching a summer. We want to welcome them back with positive things to say.

• Like 2

Man, if I were a guard member and reading this, I'd at first maybe feel somewhat flattered but objectified at the same time. Then seeing all the comments about 'corps goggles' and '50 yard Fakeout', I'd feel truly offended. thumbdown.gif

I think more and more attractive girls at high schools where they have great/winning guards are choosing guard over drill-team these days. They realize you can be beautiful and do something with more mental demand and skill required. Just from personal observation, it seems that we are progressing as a society, and girls and women realize that now the cool thing to do is to be pretty AND smart and empowered.

I think you are accurately seeing beautiful guards these days, both guys and girls.

Sorry to be a buzz kill. But seriously, there are corps members that read these after they go home from marching a summer. We want to welcome them back with positive things to say.

They were just on tour for a whole summer.... they've hear much worse. Probably from their instructors. It's just a bunch of fun. And everyone knows about tour goggles. And if they are coming on DCP they should know already it isn't all sunshine and roses on here.

• Like 2

What part of the country still has drill teams?

• Like 3

What part of the country still has drill teams?

They are certainly still alive in Texas, and I'm sure in many other states. Question, in what state do you live?

• Like 1

I'm sure guard members get hit on all the time. The least people could do is use theme-appropriate pickup lines, such as:

Spirit - What are the odds of you and me getting together?

Blue Knights - You're not from around here, are you?

Madison - Wanna see some pictures of an exhibitionist?

Cadets - When can I unwrap my present?

Phantom - Is that a sword or are you just unhappy to see me?

• Like 8

I was about to say....where are these drill teams and what do they do?

They are certainly still alive in Texas, and I'm sure in many other states. Question, in what state do you live?

California. They were never big in Northern California and have pretty much have died out in Southern Califonia.