Blue Stars' Helmet

I just gotta say, I can't wait to see the new uniform, but I thought the grey was classy looking. Especially with the white arms and shoulders, when the corps does upper body movement... Man those arms really pop.

Better if they simply get rid of any headgear all together.

Anything on the head is sort of last century, limiting and awkward.

I called this one years ago... and corps are finally now starting to slowly lose the lids (how many corps went without headwear for at least part of their show this year?).

Won't be long before silly hats are a thing of the past. This is a very good thing.

• Like 1

I called this one years ago... and corps are finally now starting to slowly lose the lids (how many corps went without headwear for at least part of their show this year?).

Won't be long before silly hats are a thing of the past. This is a very good thing.

I totally agree on how it would be less limiting... But man I would miss that BA feeling of having your eyes hidden by a shako

• Like 1

I always thought the off-center plume would cause problems, since it made them look off-center a lot when I would watch them.

Maybe they could do a show called, "A Bit Off Center"

Never march at a 90 degree angle to the endzone or sideline, and never have a symmetrical form.

Music could be:

"Center of the World" (by Bright Eyes)

"You Know You're Right" (by Nirvana)

"Stuck in the Middle With You" (by Stealers Wheel)

"You Spin Me Round" (by Dead or Alive)

Here were some options I saw a few years back by the guy who ended up designing their new uniform.

Blue_Stars___Next_Step_by_Becorps.jpg

Blue_Stars_DM_Ideas_by_Becorps.jpg

Blue_Stars___Practical_by_Becorps.jpg

Edited by bluecoats88

Then let's have them play without pads in the NFL since the shoulder pads are limiting to a QBs throwing motion, and WRs ability to catch a ball. Yes, Shakos to pads is not apples to apples (because pads are protective gear) but still.

Here were some options I saw a few years back by the guy who ended up designing their new uniform.

Blue_Stars___Next_Step_by_Becorps.jpg

Blue_Stars_DM_Ideas_by_Becorps.jpg

Blue_Stars___Practical_by_Becorps.jpg

That second one became the 07/08/09 drum major uniform (except white plumes instead of blue).

I like the first one! Maybe they thought it was too bland? It is very stately, but lacks the 'pizzaz' of some of the other uniforms.

Now here...is the "classic" Blue Stars uniform, complete with belt, white leather striped helmet, and "brillo" plume:

FFBlueStars1.jpg

FFBlueStars2.jpg

now that looks slick!

The old uniform, like it was said earlier in this thread, was like The Cavaliers old satin shirt and shako uniform.

Time to move on.

Couldn't disagree more. The satin Cavaliers uniform was dated and cheesy. The Blue Stars uniform was timeless and one of the most recognizable uniforms in all of the marching arts.