DCP's Best Year In DCI History

The Top 12 Years  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Era 1-3: Top 12 Overall

ROUND 3

How this poll will work:

First of all, one member = one vote.

- Round 1 (prelims): After there are a total of 40 (40 years) votes, I will select the top 7 years from each era and submit them to round 2. http://www.drumcorps...in-dci-history/

- Round 2 (quarter finals): There will be a total of 21 years. After there are a total of 61(40 years + 21 years) approximate votes, I will select the top 4 years from each era and submit them to round 3. http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/153463-dcis-best-year-in-dci-history/page__gopid__3206019#entry3206019

- Round 3 (semi finals): There will be a total of 12 years. I will eliminate the eras, and combine the years together into one group. After there are a total of 73 (40 years + 21 years + 12 years) approximate votes, I will select the top 6 years and submit them to the 4th and final round.

- Round 4 (finals): There are 6 years. After 80 (40 years + 21 years + 12 years + 6 years + 1 extra vote) approximate votes, I will crown DCI's best year in drum corps.

Consider anything as a reason to vote for a year. This could be from the food truck to show design, from weather to corps placement.

Have fun.

Edited by kaseyW

Some years back a similar survey determined 1980 as the winner. I see no reason that should cease to be the case.

Well that have made it all the way to round 3. 1980 still has a chance.

52 votes left.

About 37 more votes needed.

Bump.

I don't see how 2011 is on top. There are at least 5 years on here better than that from a number of standpoints. I guess recent history is fresher history.

I don't see how 2011 is on top. There are at least 5 years on here better than that from a number of standpoints. I guess recent history is fresher history.

2011/2008 weren't even leading by a long shot on the last round. I honestly don't understand either, even though that year was great.