What are you doing to prepare.

Drum corps has, in my opinion, evolved in to something that is very demanding on the human body. Many times you'll see corps that present drill that has members moving up to 200 bpm and beyond while performing some fairly intense drill. I think it is VERY important to prepare for this in order to stay healthy on tour. Currently, I run almost everyday for around 30 minutes outside while listening to my favorite shows. I'm still in the process of working out sodas from my diet as well as other fattening products. I am doing this because I will be marching my age-out this coming summer. This will be my 3rd and last and I need to do what it takes now to survive later. What will you be doing?

-Dalton

Drum corps has, in my opinion, evolved in to something that is very demanding on the human body. Many times you'll see corps that present drill that has members moving up to 200 bpm and beyond while performing some fairly intense drill. I think it is VERY important to prepare for this in order to stay healthy on tour. Currently, I run almost everyday for around 30 minutes outside while listening to my favorite shows. I'm still in the process of working out sodas from my diet as well as other fattening products. I am doing this because I will be marching my age-out this coming summer. This will be my 3rd and last and I need to do what it takes now to survive later. What will you be doing?

-Dalton

That sounds like a great idea! If you are a brass player, maybe you could even push air through the sections in the shows you are listening to when your selected instrument plays, at the same time while you are jogging? (of course, not actually with your instrument, you may get some strange looks)tongue.gif

Edited by ATXGUY

I'll be sitting on the couch watching DVD's and eating potato chips. Best part about being too old to march.....I can be as fat as I want to be now :thumbup: