Why did that corps play THAT SHOW?

It's about time a corps revisited the music of Lerner and Loewe. The only corps to do an entire production based on their songbook (to my knowledge) has been Suncoast Sound and Pioneer.

Sky Ryders played Camelot in 1991 (last year in finals) and Brigadoon in 1992

Sky Ryders played Camelot in 1991 (last year in finals) and Brigadoon in 1992

Thanks for the correction. I should have consulted Corps Reps instead of relying on my memory.

Bad shows:

2009 Phantom

2007 Crown

2007-2009 Madison

2000 Madison

2005 Blue Devils

2006 Cadets

1995 SCV

1997 Cavaliers

1998 Phantom

2000 Crown

2004 Cadets

2004 Phantom

2004 Magic

2006 Capital Regiment

2007 Cavaliers

2009 Cavaliers

2009 Spirit

Bad shows:

2009 Phantom

2007 Crown

2007-2009 Madison

2000 Madison

2005 Blue Devils

2006 Cadets

1995 SCV

1997 Cavaliers

1998 Phantom

2000 Crown

2004 Cadets

2004 Phantom

2004 Magic

2006 Capital Regiment

2007 Cavaliers

2009 Cavaliers

2009 Spirit

That was actually my favorite show from 2007; and I liked 1995 SCV too.

Bad shows:

2009 Phantom

2007 Crown

2007-2009 Madison

2000 Madison

2005 Blue Devils

2006 Cadets

1995 SCV

1997 Cavaliers

1998 Phantom

2000 Crown

2004 Cadets

2004 Phantom

2004 Magic

2006 Capital Regiment

2007 Cavaliers

2009 Cavaliers

2009 Spirit

I might give you all those other shows....but 2007 CROWN???? How was that a "why did they pick that?" kind of show? It was WILDLY popular across the board, great music and performance....there was nothing to DISlike about that show.

Are you sure you don't mean some other year for Crown?? 96, perhaps?

<snip>

Is this sung to Prelude Fugue and Riffs? Oh my god. This reminds me of someone mentioning "Get off the ####### bus" sung to On the Waterfront. (I think it was actually a Phantom Regiment story?)

<snip>

I don't know if Phantom did this, but we certainly did!

I still automatically hear it in my head when standing in the aisle of a plane, waiting for everyone to find their carry-ons so we can all get off the ####### plane! :music:

Of course the complete musical statement is "Get off the ####### bus, get off the bus, get off the ####### bus, get off the bus." :tongue:

Hey, it gives me something to do so I don't feel the need to hurt people as I get frustrated with folks who only realize they need their stuff....as they stand up in everyone's way. :doh:

Edited by CuriousMe
  • Like 2

I don't know if Phantom did this, but we certainly did!

I still automatically hear it in my head when standing in the aisle of a plane, waiting for everyone to find their carry-ons so we can all get off the ####### plane! :music:

There's another one floating around set to Mars, The Bringer of War. "Get off the bus, get off the bus, get off the bus, get off the bus, etc."

• Like 2

Of course the complete musical statement is "Get off the ####### bus, get off the bus, get off the ####### bus, get off the bus." :tongue:

Ok....be honest here....how many people who know "On the Waterfront" just sang that part?? I know I did!

God, that must've been funny!

• Like 3

A few shows I see in this thread that I actually enjoyed quite a bit:

Phantom 04 (Delicious Piazzolla. Guard was kind of a mess but Oblivion sounds great and the percussion parts are great)

Cadets 06, BD 05 (and 04, but I think whoever put that down had the wrong year in mind)

Crown 06 (one of my favorite Crown shows from a design standpoint -- I wouldn't ever say a show was horrible just because it wasn't performed well)

My actual questionable shows:

Blue Stars 09 (least favorite Stars show since their re-entry into WC)

Crossmen 08 and 09

Bluecoats 10 (least favorite Bluecoats show since before 05, just didn't dig the treatment of Asphalt Cocktail)

Cadets 08, 12 (I honestly gave 2012 a chance this summer with a very open mind but it just didn't work for me, plus the religious message near the end was a great way to lose me)

Cavies 07

Scouts 05 (It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that my regard for this show is grossly below everyone else's, especially compared to shows like 06 and 03)