Why did that corps play THAT SHOW?

Is this sung to Prelude Fugue and Riffs? Oh my god. This reminds me of someone mentioning "Get off the ####### bus" sung to On the Waterfront. (I think it was actually a Phantom Regiment story?)

When I was at Regiment, it was sung to Auld Lang Syne

Fanfare for the new. 87 BD. the rest of that show totally rocked. They just weren't feeling the opener at all! That drumline smoked everyone for the next 20 years! worthy.gif

Fanfare for the New was actually going to be the Freelancers opener in 86. Unfortunately, the 86 corps folded.

Bad shows:

2009 Phantom

2007 Crown

2007-2009 Madison

2000 Madison

2005 Blue Devils

2006 Cadets

1995 SCV

1997 Cavaliers

1998 Phantom

2000 Crown

2004 Cadets

2004 Phantom

2004 Magic

2006 Capital Regiment

2007 Cavaliers

2009 Cavaliers

2009 Spirit

WHAT?! You have bad taste then. Seriously, that's a way off choice. That was a fan favorite and is show commonly used as an example of drum corps entertainment possibilities.

• Like 1

My WTF List

1992 Bluecoats – A Day in the Life – Beatles on a bad trip

1992 Phantom – War and Peace – the ugly duckling among their shows from ’86 to ’97

1995 Santa Clara – Not the Nutcracker – the nutcracker on crack

1997 Phantom – The Ring – why bore us after the emotion of ’96?

2000 Madison – The Cossack Brotherhood – What’s the Russian for WTF?

2001 Cadets – Juxtaperformance – nothing tying a show together just isn’t the Cadets to me

2001 Crown – Industry – roll out Goodyear radials?

2002 Santa Clara – Sound, Shape and Color – this is a square, this is a triangle, really?

2007 Blue Devils – Winged Victory – really, after decades of great music, you give us a space chord?

2009 Glassmen – The Journey of ONE – just when I thought you left boring in your past

2011 Blue Devils – The Beat My Heart Missed – WTF - such a wealthy corps using PVC pipes for props!

2012 Blue Devils – Cabaret Voltaire – you’ll find a picture of this show under WTF in the dictionary

2012 Madison – Reframed – would never have thought Madison would do chop and bop arrangements

2012 Cavies – 15 Minutes of Fame – you copy Crown’s 2011 field entry after years as the innovators?

• Like 1

1995 Santa Clara – Not the Nutcracker – the nutcracker on crack

:laugh: :laugh:

2000 Madison – The Cossack Brotherhood – What’s the Russian for WTF?

WTF-ski??

Or, if sounding like an East Euro fencing coach "Vwhy? VWHY U do this??"

2001 Cadets – Juxtaperformance – nothing tying a show together just isn’t the Cadets to me

Just like it wasn't every other corps from the early 80s on back??

2007 Blue Devils – Winged Victory – really, after decades of great music, you give us a space chord?

50th anniversary program....ring #12...kinda hard to argue with that. As for the space chords....you're #####ing about 20 seconds (go time it) out of an 11:30 long show??? Really??

2012 Blue Devils – Cabaret Voltaire – you’ll find a picture of this show under WTF in the dictionary

Ring #15....again, difficult to argue.

• Like 1

I really had a hard time with BD. The shows I don't like won.... The shows that didn't win, I tend to like. Dance Derby was certainly an odd choice, but It wasn't bad.

1987 maybe? That seems to be the BD show that is never mentioned....ever in any context.

Cavaliers are sorta the same. 2011 was sort of a WTF year for me, but they did well with it. I think 1997 gets alot of flack for many reasons, but I think 1996 was the year that makes me scratch my head the most.

'87 was a good show, but when you look at '86 and '88, it had the misfortune of being... well, 1987.