Star of Indiana - 1992

You know, I respectfully disagree here. Although the link is for semis, the perc program, to my ears, was of higher quality than scored. Really good stuff. I loved this program then, and I love it now. I really appreciated them hanging with the mylar (Premier Marathons, FTW!). It's barely audible, but right around 5:02 you hear a "flawless, snares." Sums up my thoughts for the most part for that line that year.

Thanks for posting that. It actually reminded me of how much better they performed the program at Semis than Finals. Both visually and musically. Pay close attention to the end of the perc. break during Chester before the re-entrance of the brass. That is where the problems at Finals started. The difference is hot huge but when you have 3 corps that close to each in score it can make the difference.

Sitting in the stands I recall pandemonium erupted as Cavaliers announced winner in 1992. And incredible response from mostly full stands for encore. No discredit to Star. But they in fact did take 3rd yet these annual threads continue.

Edited by parkbench
  • Like 1

Without the reaction to 92, we probably would've had a very different 93 program.

So we should be expecting something amazing from the Cavies next year, right?

1987 Circus Show. Jim wrote "Barnum and Bailey's Favorite." I have that on word from Jim himself.

PS: I don't remember regarding the rest of the show, but he may have also done "Thunder and Blazes." Someone out there will remember.

Why was that negged? Is my stalker getting bored? What I reported was what Jim told me.

• Like 5

Why was that negged? Is my stalker getting bored? What I reported was what Jim told me.

"You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" (I think is the unofficial motto of DCP)

• Like 1

"You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" (I think is the unofficial motto of DCP)

Well, you're right about that, because I still think I would have made a good movie stand-in for Brad Pitt. Instead, when I used to work as an extra on movies that were filmed in Chicago, during the filming of "Planes, Trains & Automobiles," I was asked by another extra if I was John Candy's stand-in. (My scene never made it into the film.)

• Like 1

Well, you're right about that, because I still think I would have made a good movie stand-in for Brad Pitt. Instead, when I used to work as an extra on movies that were filmed in Chicago, during the filming of "Planes, Trains & Automobiles," I was asked by another extra if I was John Candy's stand-in. (My scene never made it into the film.)

That's too bad. That's my favorite movie!!!!

"You're going the wrong way!"

"how do they know where we're going?"

Cadets it also underwhelmed a lot of people with its rather simplistic and cliche' approach.

Thats not my experience at all. My experience was that a lot of people around me liked the 2012 Cadets production this year. The attempt to do a Christmas themed show for the summer competitive season was fraught with a huge risk for The Cadets. My experience was that many people in preseason believed that this show would be a bust with national audiences. But while it did not win, it seemed to be a hit with fans this season from my experience.

• Like 1

Firstly, "body sculpting"? Very strange and kinda creepy term. Why do people use this? It is simply choreography.

Second, Star was amazing that year... a much better hornline than they had in 93... no question the best hornline they ever had.

Like Cadets 2012, Star 92 an incredible bunch of kids that could march and play circles around loads of other groups out there... but talent wasted on a gimmicky show that was well beneath them.

Like Cadets 2012, Star 92 an incredible bunch of kids that could march and play circles around loads of other groups out there... but talent wasted on a gimmicky show that was well beneath them.

Star finished 3rd in 1992 because they finished out of the top 3 in Visual Execution ( Field, Ensemble ) and the Cadets finished out of the TOP 3 this season for similar issues. It wasn't primarily the shows that did in these 2 Corps from a title, it was execution issues. Same with Carolina Crown this season in this respect too. Crown had a great creative show this season, (and it as entertaining as was '92 Star that year for fans,) but subpar execution levels in some critical areas (particularly 6th in percussion ) took Crown out of the running as it did for these other Corps. In order to win a DCI Title, one can't finish below 3rd in more than one execution caption. If that happens, it doesn't matter how progressive the show is, you immediately take yourself out of Title contention....and thats what happened to Star '92, and 2012 Cadets and Crown.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1