What's the best dynasty in DCI's history?

95 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best dynasty in DCI history?

• Blue Devils 1976-1982 (5 in 7 years)
    • Cadets 1983-1987 (4 in 5 years)
    • Cavaliers 2000-2006 (5 in 7 years)
    • Blue Devils 2007-Present (4 in 6 years)

I went for Garfield's run from 1983 through 1987, and not because I was a (small) part of it.

Instead, I think that period is notable for the pace of innovation. They went from "Elk's Parade" to "Jeremiah" in four calendar years. The amount of ground covered is staggering. I try to be as objective as I can, and I cannot think of another corps that has had such a profound impact on the activity in such a short span of time.

Edited by StuStu
  • Like 1

Actually, he left out BD 1976-2012. :tongue:

Prediction for next year:

Blue Devils win 1st. 2nd and 3rd! lol

I went for Garfield's run from 1983 through 1987, and not because I was a (small) part of it.

Instead, I think that period is notable for the pace of innovation. They went from "Elk's Parade" to "Jeremiah" in four calendar years. The amount of ground covered is staggering. I try to be as objective as I can, and I cannot think of another corps that has had such a profound impact on the activity in such a short span of time.

:withstupid:

There are good arguements for all 4 of these choices as the best dynasty in DCI' history but I chose the Cavaliers 2000-2006 run. Their average placement for these years is 1.28. BD '76 thru '82 is 1.43. Cadets '83 thru '87 is 1.6. BD '07 thru '12 is 1.33.

It would be Cavaliers, Troopers, and Madison Scouts in that order.

And if you added Senior corps Hawthorne would have to be added.

It would be Cavaliers, Troopers, and Madison Scouts in that order.

And if you added Senior corps Hawthorne would have to be added.

If sounds like you are going WAY back to pre DCI years if you are including the Troopers and the Madison Scouts in the Junior Corps ranks of consecutive year Championship successes. If THIS is the case, then the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights come in before the Troopers and the Madison Scouts in terms of National Championship consecutive year repeat successes.

Edited by BRASSO