What's the best dynasty in DCI's history?

95 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best dynasty in DCI history?

• Blue Devils 1976-1982 (5 in 7 years)
    • Cadets 1983-1987 (4 in 5 years)
    • Cavaliers 2000-2006 (5 in 7 years)
    • Blue Devils 2007-Present (4 in 6 years)

It has to be the current Blue Devils streak. Four titles in six years (very nearly 5 out of 6 and a four-peat) and three of those were perfect seasons. Nobody else has ever had a streak with that level of dominance.

Edited by Tusayan
  • Like 1

It's The Cavaliers for me. I think they managed to create the most visually interesting shows DCI has ever seen, along with a very disparate set of musical programs. (And I really felt, seeing them in '02 and '04, that there wasn't much of a question they were going to win - it was just a matter of how much.)

Mike

• Like 1

If sounds like you are going WAY back to pre DCI years if you are including the Troopers and the Madison Scouts in the Junior Corps ranks of consecutive year Championship successes. If THIS is the case, then the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights come in before the Troopers and the Madison Scouts in terms of National Championship consecutive year repeat successes.

Yes. Good point. I misread the question. I didn't take into account the dci-only timespan. Sorry.

it means he agrees with you

Ah, I wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing.

That's what a dino like me gets for thinking he can hang with the youn.... HEY YOU KIDS!! GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, was a bit distracted.

What were we talking about?

I think the Cavies is the obvious pick (and my pick).

If you look beyond championships though, I don't think there is anything that comes close to what the Blue Devils have done since 1994 (medaling in 18 of 19 years).

I am not really a Blue Devils fan (except for this year), but that is quite impressive.