scranton-georgia-minnisota

i know there's a prediction thread but here is the scores thread. this is a huge weekend. we will find out a lot from tonight's scores and placements. i'm ready for all the talk after the shows and get the reaction from everybody. this should be exciting. so good luck to all the corps tonight. thumbup.gif

Georgia's Scores:

1. Atlanta CV: 83.85

2. Tampa Bay Thunder: 78.25

3. Cincinnati Tradition: 70.80

4. Shenandoah Sound: 67.05

Minnesota's Scores:

1. Minnesota Brass: 91.35

2. Govenaires: 82.00

3. Kilties: 81.35

Georgia's Scores:

1. Atlanta CV: 83.85

2. Tampa Bay Thunder: 78.25

3. Cincinnati Tradition: 70.80

4. Shenandoah Sound: 67.05

Minnesota's Scores:

1. Minnesota Brass: 91.35

2. Govenaires: 82.00

3. Kilties: 81.35

so CV had a real good score. and MB is way out front. let's see how that score holds up to the scranton scores. maybe we'll have some clarity.

any body know whats going on in scanton? it's 11:15 and the DCA website has nothing.

any body know whats going on in scanton? it's 11:15 and the DCA website has nothing.

Show is over...I don't have the exact scores since I was in critique at the time and don't want to post inaccurate info...not sure why it is taking so long for DCA.

I don't know the exact tenths as I was on the field and couldn't write them down, but heres the basics....

Buccs 92 everything but honor guard

Cabs 89

Hurcs 87

Empire 85 honor guard

C2 84

Fusion 81

so CV had a real good score. and MB is way out front. let's see how that score holds up to the scranton scores. maybe we'll have some clarity.

Yeah, I have not looked at the recaps, but from where I was the big difference was visual. CV is just performing their show at a much higher level right now than Tampa Bay. Thunder had a couple of brass moments of briliance, but then their feet got in the way. Similar problems as last year, but overall much better for both groups!

Edited by BOSMarcher

Interesting results at Scranton.

From John Adcocks's Twitter observations:

"John Adcock ‏@loudbrass

Gonna be honest. If Cadets2 don't beat Hurcs by a couple points, there is something seriously wrong. #dca "

Buccaneers-92.95

Caballeros-89.6

Hurricanes-87.65

Empire-86.85

Cadets2-84.0

FusionCore-81.75

I usually trust John's observations. Any thoughts??

Edited by Ron H

Interesting results at Scranton.

From John Adcocks's Twitter observations:

"John Adcock ‏@loudbrass

Gonna be honest. If Cadets2 don't beat Hurcs by a couple points, there is something seriously wrong. #dca "

I usually trust John's observations. Any thoughts??

I thought the judging at the Scranton show was a complete train-wreck, and DCA should be embarrassed. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I didn't buy into any of the "DCA is going to make Cadets2 pay their dues" crap that was floating around all spring. I honestly thought they would get a fair shake this summer.

Boy was I wrong. And believe me, the crowd tonight sure as heck noticed.

I thought Bucs were underscored by at least two points. They were easily a 94 or better (especially since I saw the 90 they got a MONTH ago in Downingtown). Clearly, their score was held down to "sell tickets". Cabs were underscored and should have been at about a 91, or 91.5.

I would have had Cadets2 and Empire around an 88, both of them, tenths apart at most. Whichever order you want, you could make an argument either way (C2 for content, ES for execution). Hurcs should have been 2 or 3 points below Empire and Cadets2. It was obvious that they are nowhere near either corps. Frankly, Fusion should be on their arse.

Looking at the recap, the two effect judges and the percussion judge were completely out to lunch, and it's obvious that "communication" is a throw-away caption. Either explain it and make it work, or get rid of it. The brass judge did some wonky things too, but he was in the field, and I was on the 50 about 22 rows up, so I kinda have to cut some slack there, as I don't know what he heard down there. DCA either needs to add a second brass judge in the box (and average the two scores) or just put the brass judge in the box, and forget judging at the field level.

Now, that said, the crowd got a great show. The quality of all of the competing corps, from Fusion on up, is if not the absolute best in DCA history, probably very close.

Again, I am a firm believer that the judges get it right most of the time, and I know how hard that job is, but tonight they certainly did not. And I know I'm not the only one complaining...the whole stadium seemed appalled at the results. Then again, the panel was a collection of DCA mainstays. How much new blood is being recruited, especially in the music captions?

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2