scranton-georgia-minnisota

My "thoughts "say this fellow harbors a distain for the Hurcs or a bias favoring C2.

Got any evidence to back that up? I've enjoyed Hurcs over the years quite a bit. Didn't care for the show last year at all. Liked this year a lot, they just don't do it particularly well, at least not last night.

I stand behind all of my comments regarding last night's Scranton show. If anything, I'm even more sure I'm right today than I was last night.

You didn't call Fran? devil.gif

Fran was a little busy last night! I doubt he was taking any calls! LOL :tongue:

so CV had a real good score. and MB is way out front. let's see how that score holds up to the scranton scores. maybe we'll have some clarity.

Thunder had a great FIRST show, need to clean the feet and keep telling the young team not to freak!!! CV was very good!!! They have come miles from 2011 and boy it shows but to be honest the score didn't! I thought placement and spread was about right but numbers are about 2 plus points behind looking at other scores. Prelims should be interesting!

Special thanks to CV for being GREAT hosts!

Jim

TBT

I think DCA did a good job. With 3 shows all over the country the seedings seem quite accurate and appropriate. I'm sure a little movement next week, but not much.

As far as people thinking scores are low, I agree, however, I feel the spreads are remarkably close to what they should be.

Bucs were by far the best group at Scranton. C2 is will be much improved in 2 weeks but there are program issues that will limit their movement. Cabs/Hurcs/ES, all stock DCA shows - fan friendly, loud - but lack depth in design and performance compared to… the other 2. Cabs, however, are the best of those three.

Prelims should be fun!

Edited by east coast love
  • Like 1

I think DCA did a good job. With 3 shows all over the country the seedings seem quite accurate and appropriate. I'm sure a little movement next week, but not much.

As far as people thinking scores are low, I agree, however, I feel the spreads are remarkably close to what they should be.

Bucs were by far the best group at Scranton. C2 is will be much improved in 2 weeks but there are program issues that will limit their movement. Cabs/Hurcs/ES, all stock DCA shows - fan friendly, loud - but lack depth in design and performance compared to… the other 2. Cabs, however, are the best of those three.

Prelims should be fun!

You have to explain how in any vernacular. how Cabs show is "stock"!!!

• Like 1

I thought the order was correct. Reading & Caba both scored a bit low. Everyone else was fair. C2's show is good, but lacking something. There's little visual/ guard impact compared to corps scoring higher. I also noticed the battery a little /tentative with the drill/playing. Brass looked and sounded good better than Hurcs and maybe Empire. For C2 the talent is there, the question is how much they will improve. Cabs show is so elegant: my favorite of the night. They are strong in all captions. Empire didn't have their mojo last night. I expect to see improvement in the push toward finals. Hurcs battery weaker than in recent past. Hurcs guard still quality: but Bucs & cabs seem to have caught up. Fusions 30 brass sounded good even after c2s 50 something. Fusion's show is just plain fun.