Worse guard uniform?

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps had the worse guard uniform?

• Blue Knights 2012
    • Star of Indiana 1986

LOVED BK's guard costumes this year! A friend I brought to Big, Loud and Live in the theater thought BK's guard was THE best eye candy of the night! :thumbup: I agree..... the colors were fantastic! And, the color change to the fire-y red was one of the best costume changes of the summer!

For those who weren't around yet, those costumes during the corps 'Wiz" show were generally referred to as "Coca-Cola" costumes, due to the red and white color scheme and the thick wavy lines. I personally thought they were quite attractive in their streamlined look and believed they would point the way to more such bodysuits.

I may have the color scheme wrong in my memory. Would someone please enlighten me?

Here is the Coca-Cola emblem that generated the comparisons. On Freelancers' guard, the stripe ran vertical. Coca-Cola-logo-D3CE7D7110-seeklogo.com.gif

Then there was the Argonaut's '85 guard uni which was compared to Fruit Stripe gum.

For those who weren't around yet, those costumes during the corps 'Wiz" show were generally referred to as "Coca-Cola" costumes, due to the red and white color scheme and the thick wavy lines. I personally thought they were quite attractive in their streamlined look and believed they would point the way to more such bodysuits.

I may have the color scheme wrong in my memory. Would someone please enlighten me?

Here is the Coca-Cola emblem that generated the comparisons. On Freelancers' guard, the stripe ran vertical. Coca-Cola-logo-D3CE7D7110-seeklogo.com.gif

Michael, my memory is of an all black jumpsuit with a thick white belt and a white hat.

Awww....

Somebody gave my Queen a negative!

Boo to you!

(not to you, Mr. Boo...unless you were the one)

Not me. I thought the queen rocked!

• Like 1

Michael, my memory is of an all black jumpsuit with a thick white belt and a white hat.

I believe you are right and the only reason I wonder if they were red 35 years later is the Coca-Cola logo is red and I remember hearing the costumes compared to that.

Thank you for the reminder.

You peaked my curiosity...I had to watch Glassmen show again on FN to refresh my memory about the guard uniforms...I sat through Quarters, Semi's, and finals that year. Jackson Mississippi though was NOT my favorite drum corps place at all. Those guard uniforms I agree are pretty bad.

Bleah - add purple and aqua knee-length spandex, mix in dangly fringe with sequins, scoop necks and clunky black shoes, bake, and then proceed to vomit!

Especially bad when accessorized with giant sweat stains in the Amazon Jungle-like Jackson heat.

They make BK '12 look like Versace!

I didn't really care for BK's show but I think their guard outfits were fine.

2009 Madison

Before I scrolled down, I asked my roommate, 'How many before Ralampago is mentioned?"

Just like the tootsie pop question: 3.