Cadet's show converted me

Now I want to see a Flying Spaghetti Monster show!

Imagine how tangled up the drill formations would get.

• Like 2

<snip>

Oh! I thought of another Cadet's example; One year, at the end of the show a dancer made the sign of the cross ... Wait I'll look it up .. wait a sec... 87! That was so classy that even though part of me went "Hey, what does that have to do with Appalachian Spring?" I was impressed.

So, I just looked it up in Wikipedia (only took me 25 years). Turns out it was a ballet he (Copland) Created with Martha Graham: "The story told is a spring celebration of the American pioneers of the 19th century after building a new Pennsylvania farmhouse. Among the central characters are a newlywed couple, a neighbor, a revivalist preacher and his followers." My question finally answered.

They were really pushing the envelope in guard uniforms too. They managed to make them elegant, country-ish, and Cadet-like at the same time. Quite lovely.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that the male dancer was the preacher who was marrying the sop soloist and the female dancer. Hence the sign of the cross.

Now I want to see a Flying Spaghetti Monster show!

I think the Cadets did that... let me think... Yes! It was called The 80's! :-)

(And the 90's. And the 00's. So THAT was the agenda; they're pushing multiple religions simultaneously!)

Come to think of it, I was converted. Hmm, I think the circle of this thread just completed itself.

Let's see, I have been converted to the following from my years following DCI:

I love Leonard Bernstein's works (including parts of Mass, which for those of you not in the know is a Christian Musical piece written by a Jew). The Jeremiah symphony and Chichister Psalms certainly aren't Christian and I doubt any Christians walked off the field when corps played those.

I now no longer want to hear West Side Story played by a brass and drum ensemble ever again.

I no longer like gold lame.

Anything with the world Blue in it now gives me mixed emotions of "will I like this?" or "do I blue or boo?".

I wasn't previously a fan of Carolina Crown. Now I think they are "super".

I no longer think of nuclear weapons when I hear the name Shastakovich.

I no longer think Pluto is a planet.

I like greek and italian at the same time.

Oh, and I have no desire to travel to Indianapolis again.