Cadet's show converted me

Just a quick note about performers and religious content on a show: the people on the field do not drag their own personal belief systems around the field on leg chains. They are performers - they have jobs, they do them extremely well, and they have no qualms about it.

Audiences are the same. Security of belief transcends a temporary entertainment experience.

I teach a high school chorus and part of my job is to awaken the minds of developing human beings to the musical creations of great composers. Of I had to omit "religious" music, they would never have had the goose-pimply experience of performing the "Lacrymosa" from Mozart's Reqiuem. They were taught the religious and musical context along with the crazy history of the piece. I get kids asking to repeat perform it every year - and I know that most of them don't have a Christian faith practice.

I liked the Cadets show for what it was to me. I'm not a Christian, but I get the context and significance of the Christ-child story in western culture. That was the show, for me. (and Do You Hear... Was absolutely stunning!)

• Like 3