DCA Annapolis Predictions

Fran,

One of my favorite DCA rumors of awesomeness that turned out to be wicked true can be summed up in just a few words:

Steel City Ambassadors, horn arc, June 1986

Edited by wishbonecav

Fran,

One of my favorite DCA rumors of awesomeness that turned out to be wicked true can be summed up in just a few words:

Steel City Ambassadors, horn arc, June 1986

..I love you...marry me....

:thumbup:

And we walked 5 miles to school, in the winter.... with no shoes!!

It was real rough where I was, we had no feet, lol

I can see this happening,............although Empire has not finished out of the top 4 since 1988,...............

I would just like to make mention of all the Empire talk. I have seen a lot of nay sayers on this post, and will do my best to clear the air. Empire has spent this year a bit other focused. We are still competitive and love competing agains our DCA compadres. But Dave Bruni is trying to get Drum Corps out to the layman who may have never seen anything like this. He also spent time introducing All-age Drum Corps to the kids (especially age outs) in DCI, who don't know there is a place for them after finals. For those of you who doubt, keep your eye out the next few years, you may be surprised to see where the Empire Statesmen pop up next. What courage and vision on David's part for sure

Although I LOVE to compete, nothing can compare with our trip to DCI Finals in Indy. I aged out way too many years to count, and it was a first for me to be on that championship field. We had the privilege to play for not only the age out ceremony but the 40th anniversary of DCI, truly a magical moment and not matter what the outcome of scores and places at DCA, the most memorable moment of 2012. I feel sorry for all of you who did not get that experience, words cannot describe.

So go ahead post your predictions and be surprised where everyone predicts Statesmen this year..... it's ok My final was in Indy where we told the Drum Corps world that All-age Drum Corps is alive and well thumbup.gif

(Gary, not bagging on you sir, I just wanted to tag on an Empire post....)

• Like 1

Please, don't get me wrong, I really and truly don't care where people feel we are with respect to everyone else. That's not my motivation. All I am saying is let's not loose sight of why we are all doing this and who the beneficiaries are. Every corps member out there, whether they belong to a "contender" or not deserves, and has, my respect and admiration for choosing to give of themselves in the manner we all have. I am just asking that we not loose sight of that fact in our all consuming, all encompasing view of things.

My previous post was not meant to try to vent any frustrations or pent up anger towards anyone's opinion of CV. If it came across that way then I missed my mark and I am sorry. I just feel like we need to keep some of the focus on the dedication and sacrifice of the members that are out there providing all of us here on this forum with the fodder on which to make these predictions we make so confidently sitting safely behind our keyboards.

Dan

I think if you read my review of CV at Downingtown- I think you know I remember what it's like to get screamed at by staff, getting burned to a crisp, having one side of my hair flat from sleeping with my head on a bus window, etc. I do think your corps does deserve some more respect, as a former competitor in DCA for 6 seasons, and also as a fan whether it worries you or not.

Being constantly underestimated was fuel for Westshore in my time. Had a couple of corps left us alone-- I don't think we'd have driven ourselves to where we ended up. The 'letter' in 1979-- and Jim F. knows what I mean and will back me on this- woke up our potential and desire.

As for some of the other comments, If a corps can back up the big talk, fine. If you can do it, it ain't braggin'. I'll believe it when I hear and see it at Prelims.

I would just like to make mention of all the Empire talk. I have seen a lot of nay sayers on this post, and will do my best to clear the air. Empire has spent this year a bit other focused. We are still competitive and love competing agains our DCA compadres. But Dave Bruni is trying to get Drum Corps out to the layman who may have never seen anything like this. He also spent time introducing All-age Drum Corps to the kids (especially age outs) in DCI, who don't know there is a place for them after finals. For those of you who doubt, keep your eye out the next few years, you may be surprised to see where the Empire Statesmen pop up next. What courage and vision on David's part for sure

Although I LOVE to compete, nothing can compare with our trip to DCI Finals in Indy. I aged out way too many years to count, and it was a first for me to be on that championship field. We had the privilege to play for not only the age out ceremony but the 40th anniversary of DCI, truly a magical moment and not matter what the outcome of scores and places at DCA, the most memorable moment of 2012. I feel sorry for all of you who did not get that experience, words cannot describe.

So go ahead post your predictions and be surprised where everyone predicts Statesmen this year..... it's ok My final was in Indy where we told the Drum Corps world that All-age Drum Corps is alive and well thumbup.gif

(Gary, not bagging on you sir, I just wanted to tag on an Empire post....)

Steel City Ambassadors had much the same experience In Buffalo, when they played at the 1990 DCI finals. Westshoremen as well, in 1996 in Orlando. Empire Statesmen took things to a new level this season, in promoting DCA to the DCI crowd. Well Done! :thumbup:

Edited by hairbear
  • Like 1

First thru third will be within 1.5 points. 97.5 - 99 range

Fourth thru eighth will be within 3 points. 92 - 95 range

Ninth & Tenth will be close as well, but well below the other two blocks. 85 - 87

OPEN CLASS FINALS

1. Buccaneers

2. Caballeros

3. Minnesota Brass

4. Hurricanes

5. Cadets2

6. Kidsgrove Scouts

7. Renegades

8. Empire Statesmen

9. Atlanta CV

10. Fusion Core

CLASS A Finals

1. Govenaires

2. Carolina Gold

3. Windsor Regiment

4. Cincinnati Tradition

I agree with CLASS A Finals! That fourth place spot is going to be a battle! I'm ready are you? :)

i predict people will like the food in the stadium

• Like 2

After reading through the replies since my first post, I think, perhaps, people are mis-interputing my original intent. (One reason I am leary about posting on these forums...too often the intent is missed when put in print) Let me try one last time to explain my thoughts.

My original post was not in response to any posts relating to CV. I was not, and still are not, upset by or offended by anyone's stated opinion on this thread. We all have likes and dislikes based on our own previous experience. That's great and totally normal. My concern is based on any negative stated opinion about any group on a public forum like this. It just seems to me that there are a ton of great people, doing great and extrordinary things in every performance ensemble, at every level, that will appear in Annapolis. It seems to me that too much time and effort is being wasted on undermining those efforts with these "prediction" threads, instead of praising those that are going out there and laying it on the line. Every ensemble, regardless of size, classification, or eventual placement, should be lauded for their efforts, commitment to entertaining us all, and fellowship they have inspired within their personal chosen drum corps family. That, to me, is what this is all about.

Let the judges do their job. That's what they get paid to do. We will all know where we stand soon enough. In the meantime, RELAX...grab a six pack of your favorite beverage and go out to some rehearsals and see what this activity is really about. Check out all the hard work, sweat and determination these great people are putting into their shows to make it a butt kicker for all the fans out there. That's all I'm saying...no hidden adjenda, no between the lines hidden meaning, just a concern for seeing the activity and those that participate in it in a light which is deserving of their efforts.

I'll shut up now and get off my soapbox! Have a great week everyone. Safe travels, stay dry (especially all you folks down Tampa way) and we'll see you a week from today!

It's going to be GREAT!

Dan

• Like 1