DCA Annapolis Predictions

I have not seen enough to make a prediction on scores or any ranking except for maybe the top four or five. What I can say is it will be one of the better DCA weekends in a long time. With a little luck I may even be in attendance for prelims or finals. Can't make both but hopefully one of them. Here are my top four finishers:

Buccaneers

Cabs

Hurcs

MBI

Good Luck to ALL the corps this weekend and lets get some of those inactive corps back on the field.

Here are my top four finishers:

Buccaneers

Cabs

Hurcs

MBI

While Hurcs do have a fine drum line and guard, I don't see them being able to hold off MBI. While I'd love to see it, Cabs in second might not be in the cards this year either. What I WILL say is that a number of corps have really 'stepped up their games' this year ... and the fans win.

To those of you who have provided show reviews this year, a vote of thanks. I may just sign up to watch prelims. Although the price might be a LITTLE high for one show, I'm sure Id get a kick out of watching the show.

Edited by A Cavalier TDY

While Hurcs do have a fine drum line and guard, I don't see them being able to hold off MBI. I'd also love to see While I'd love to see it, Cabs in second might not be in the cards this year either. What I WILL say is that a number of corps have really 'stepped up their games' this year ... and the fans win.

To those of you who have provided show reviews this year, a vote of thanks. I may just sign up to watch prelims. Although the price might be a LITTLE high for one show, I'm sure Id get a kick out of watching the show.

Thanks. I'm paying around 35 for my seat at prelims, I have no idea what the fan network is charging- so I have no idea if it's too pricey.

I have not seen enough to make a prediction on scores or any ranking except for maybe the top four or five. What I can say is it will be one of the better DCA weekends in a long time. With a little luck I may even be in attendance for prelims or finals. Can't make both but hopefully one of them. Here are my top four finishers:

Buccaneers

Cabs

Hurcs

MBI

Good Luck to ALL the corps this weekend and lets get some of those inactive corps back on the field.

I don't see anyone dropping out of top 5 unless Cadets2 pull off a great job.

Joe

MBI had their final performance in MN tonight... if you've liked the DCI Minnesota facebook page, you can check out a clip from the run-through

WOW! They've clearly revamped the ending of the show since Bridgeport. Those rotations are CLEAN! A few little things to work on, but I think this might even be new material since DCI Minnesota. Things are about to get interesting in Annapolis. Can't wait!

• Like 1

I would just like to make mention of all the Empire talk. I have seen a lot of nay sayers on this post, and will do my best to clear the air. Empire has spent this year a bit other focused. We are still competitive and love competing agains our DCA compadres. But Dave Bruni is trying to get Drum Corps out to the layman who may have never seen anything like this. He also spent time introducing All-age Drum Corps to the kids (especially age outs) in DCI, who don't know there is a place for them after finals. For those of you who doubt, keep your eye out the next few years, you may be surprised to see where the Empire Statesmen pop up next. What courage and vision on David's part for sure

Although I LOVE to compete, nothing can compare with our trip to DCI Finals in Indy. I aged out way too many years to count, and it was a first for me to be on that championship field. We had the privilege to play for not only the age out ceremony but the 40th anniversary of DCI, truly a magical moment and not matter what the outcome of scores and places at DCA, the most memorable moment of 2012. I feel sorry for all of you who did not get that experience, words cannot describe.

So go ahead post your predictions and be surprised where everyone predicts Statesmen this year..... it's ok My final was in Indy where we told the Drum Corps world that All-age Drum Corps is alive and well thumbup.gif

(Gary, not bagging on you sir, I just wanted to tag on an Empire post....)

I'm glad you had a good experience! And it's great DCA had a representative at DCI.

But...

Edited by east coast love
  • Like 1

I think wishbonecav has it about right (Post 28). Thanks, Joe!

For a site like this to prosper, it needs to be a fun place to visit. Predictions of competitive activities, be they football, baseball, etc. form the basis of multi-million dollar industries. As a serious college football fan (Roll Tide!) I spend about $35 per year on preview mags for the early info and predictions. I enjoy considering those prognostications. What's the harm? I'll be back on here Annapolis Sunday to eat crow, if necessary, and I'll smile as I type!

Perhaps some of us take ourselves too seriously, have business connections that require caution, or have fear what others might think of our thoughts. I just don't know. Hey, let it rip! Respectfully, of course. We come here to read the views of others, no? To ponder their words, compare their thoughts with our own. Then do it all over again.

There's no doubt, posters to the DCA Forum are down this year. Perhaps it's because some posts were harshly belittled. We don't have the kind of margin here to endure that. Think RAMD. We simply can't discourage participation. For this to be a lively place, we need all the participation we can get. DCP is the only voice that ties us together. Thanks, John!

Come on, guys and gals! What do you think the final rank will be in Annapolis? Rolling the dice is a fun thing.

Bucs will win. If they do not, it will be Cabs' night. How's that?

:smile:

No need to ever come back and eat crow Fred........I couldn't agree with you more and you summed it up beautifully!:thumbup:

DCP should be a fun place, where people shouldn't be attacted or belittled .........You've kicked this topic into high gear and seeing ALL of the different projections (bias & wishfuul thinking be ######) is interesting!......so here's mine...

1...Bucs....Too strong accross the board!

2...Brass....close to Bucs

3...Cabs...great year for them

4...Hurcs....close to Cabs...my personel favorite :thumbup:

5...Empire....still a power & crowd fav

6...KS.....saw them last night!...close to Emoire

7...Gades....7 just seems to fit!

8...C2...watch in the future...but this is about this year

9...CV

10..Fusion...VERY successful 1st year in open.

Good luck to all 2012 turned out to be quite a year!:worthy:

MBI had their final performance in MN tonight... if you've liked the DCI Minnesota facebook page, you can check out a clip from the run-through

Thanks for that link. Yes, wow! And the car now has working headlights! :thumbup:

Edited by Ron H

Holy mackerel... that's a different corps than the one I saw in Bridgeport. :thumbup:

Good-sized crowd there, too!!!

Edited by Fran Haring