DCA at the dock

I see on the DCA website that Thursday at 5PM is something called "DCA at the dock".

All it says is performances in downtown Annapolis. We are arriving Thursday and would probably try to attend.

What is it all about? :blink: Anyone know?

Thanks!

Big Dan

Standstill performances by some corps and small ensembles at the waterfront stage on Annapolis City Dock. Sort of a "kick off" to the weekend.

I think there was a lineup posted somewhere, but I don't have it in front of me.

Jeff

Standstill performances by some corps and small ensembles at the waterfront stage on Annapolis City Dock. Sort of a "kick off" to the weekend.

I think there was a lineup posted somewhere, but I don't have it in front of me.

Jeff

Thanks! Sounds like a good place to hear some ensembles as you can only be at one venue at a time......

Here's what I know for certain about this event: Both Minnesota Brass and Minne Brass are performing and we're pumped about it! It's an honor to be invited and we look forward to a fun evening performance.

Here's what I've been told about this event: The venue is supposed to be awesome--right on the water and in the midst of much downtown activity. I believe Allen Buell will be our MC. Rumor has it we'll have some local dignitaries and VIPs on hand as well. It's a great kick off to the weekend designed to introduce and excite Annapolis about what's to come.

Don't miss it!

Ghost Riders are looking forward to this as well!!!

DCA at the Dock

Thursday, August 30, 2012, 05:00 - 7:00

Performing:

Annapolis Drum & Bugle Corps

Kidsgrove Scouts

Ghost Riders

Minne-Brass

Minnesota Brass

Freelancers Alumni

Glad I asked!

What a lineup! :worthy:

Kidsgrove Scouts have arrived and are looking forward to next Thursday "on the Waterfront" (or since that name was used before - On the Docks - lol)

Anyone in the Fairfax NJ area - rehearsals are open... elsewhere on here they have published location and times...

Here's a link to a Google maps overhead.... http://goo.gl/maps/63u0h

Looks like the address for City Dock is... wait for it..... "Dock St, Annapolis".

The actual stage is the east corner of the brick area in the lower right-hand corner.

Parking on City Dock is always crazy, but if you zoom out a bit and look a bit to the west, there is a parking garage on Gorman St. that is very convenient.

Jeff

Edited by JeffUsnaDB
  • Like 2