Did VK fold?

...which posts "strongly" suggest they have folded? There are posts that tell how they cut their season short, but nothing eluding to them "folding".... Now I'm confused....

Why not contact VK directly rather than speculate here on DCP where you can potentially do damage to the organisations long term health? Locking this one down until we can do more than just speculate.

A further update to this one... Having spoken directly to the VK corps director last evening, I am told (directly from the source) that VK has NOT folded, nor are there ANY plans to fold the corps. Rather to the contrary, plans are currently under way for the upcoming 2013 season.

I think they did the smart thing and stopped the tour while they could still afford to keep going. Sometimes that is just how it goes. Better to go home early than to go home for good.

I think they did the smart thing and stopped the tour while they could still afford to keep going. Sometimes that is just how it goes. Better to go home early than to go home for good.

How "smart" was it to start the tour begin with when many, many, many of the performers had not paid their dues?

• Like 2

correct me if i am wrong but I was under the impression that they had never intended on going to Michigan City in 2012 and rather it was a mistake on DCI's part for listing them on their website?

correct me if i am wrong but I was under the impression that they had never intended on going to Michigan City in 2012 and rather it was a mistake on DCI's part for listing them on their website?

With respect, VK told the whole world they were going to 2012 Finals:

"Velvet Knights want you to tour to Finals with us" posted in April 2012 Link

"March and travel to Finals" posted in May 2012 Link

I'm not a VK alum, so, not really my place here, but... they've been going at this for what, 7 years now?

Seems it has been enough time for these guys to prove they can hit even a minimum watermark of the worst year of the original VK (33rd place their absolute worst year... and current iteration struggles to even meet that), it's time for radical change or to pack it in.

If they can't put something out that is as good or better than the absolute worst point of the original, how are they deserving of the name?

If, for example, someone decided to step in and create a corps in Mass named 27th Lancers and they were in similar shape to the current VK, alumni and fans would lose their ####. How is this any different?

Seems like it is time for an organized effort on the part of original VK alum... hit some specific milestones by a certain point or lose the name.

• Like 2