CORPS DIRECTOR NEEDED

CURRENTLY SEEKING CORPS DIRECTOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2013 SEASON the N.E.W. ROYAL KNIGHTS of wisconsin is currently taking applications for corps director resumes can be sent to spechtrick@yahoo.com RICK SPECHT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR N.E.W. ROYAL KNIGHTS OF WISCONSIN

Did anyone respond to this call for instruments and also to this call for instructors and arrangers?

You might increase your chances for a director if you make public what else you've got going on so far, and also, how you're being funded.

Everyone wishes you the best of success, but I think they want to know what's supporting everything else.

• Like 3

Facebook posting

<To help drum up interest, organizers of the new corps are bringing back “Artistry in Motion,” a competition that used to be held annually in Manitowoc, Specht said. The event will be a competition featuring drum and bugle corps from Chicago, Milwaukee, Villa Park, Ill., and Ontario, Canada, and a color guard from Fond du Lac. In addition, the Clipper City Chordsmen will sing.>

Who are the corps from Chicago and Villa Park? I'd love to give them some publicity. How did the show go? The release lists a time, but not a date. I'd love to hear about the attendance and how Pioneer's clinic went. I'm sorry this event was under my radar.

You may also wish to get ahold of CorpsReps and give them information on all the years they have missing. They've only got postings for 1976 and 1982.

Also ask CorpsReps to fill in the missing shows for Sheboygan. They've only got one listed.

The full Facebook press release is below.

MANITOWOC — More than a decade after it disbanded, the Royal Knights Drum and Bugle Corps is forming again in Manitowoc, this time called the N.E.W. Royal Knights Drum and Bugle Corps, with N.E.W. standing for Northeast Wisconsin.

“So far we’ve got 65 kids already interested,” said Rick Specht, executive director of the corps and president of the Board of Directors.

Forty-five of them have committed to the corps and the others have expressed interest, he said.

That’s after just sending letters to high schools in northeast Wisconsin and the Fox Valley. A recruiting drive will be held in early October.

To help drum up interest, organizers of the new corps are bringing back “Artistry in Motion,” a competition that used to be held annually in Manitowoc, Specht said. The event will be a competition featuring drum and bugle corps from Chicago, Milwaukee, Villa Park, Ill., and Ontario, Canada, and a color guard from Fond du Lac. In addition, the Clipper City Chordsmen will sing.

The show will begin at 3 p.m. at the JFK Fieldhouse, and audience members will serve as judges, selecting first- and second-place winners via text messaging. Admission is $10 for adults. One child from kindergarten through 12th grade will be admitted free with each paid adult admission, and children 5 and under are free. Tickets are available at GT Spas, Mad About Music, Jenn’s Java and Schroeder’s Department Store and also will be sold at the door.

A clinic for young people from 14 to 21 years old will be held at Lincoln High School’s “south bowl” from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The clinic is free, but a ticket is required and may be obtained at the sites where show tickets are available and at the bowl prior to the event.

“That’s where youth can march, practice and learn about drum corps with the Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps,” Specht said, referring to the corps coming from Milwaukee.

History

Specht was a charter member of the Royal Knights Drum and Bugle Corps when it began in the fall of 1970. He started at 12 years old, although the age requirements later changed to 14-21. Members came from the Lakeshore area, over to Brillion and up to Kewaunee, and later from Green Bay, he said.

Who are the corps from Chicago and Villa Park? I'd love to give them some publicity.

Not all of the units in SDCA are drum and bugle corps, and most are not juniors. The Villa Park unit is the Royal Airs, while the Chicago unit is the Hornets.

Some of the SDCA member units are drumlines, not drum and bugle corps.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Not all of the units in SDCA are drum and bugle corps, and most are not juniors. The Villa Park unit is the Royal Airs, while the Chicago unit is the Hornets.

Some of the SDCA member units are drumlines, not drum and bugle corps.

Oh...I thought Royal Airs discontinued operations a couple years ago. Are they by chance mostly a parade corps now? I have a friend who marched with them the past few years and was under the impression from him that they had finished up what they were doing.

Please tell us what you know about the SDCA..

• 3 months later...

I responded in August, but have not heard one way or another..

CURRENTLY SEEKING CORPS DIRECTOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2013 SEASON the N.E.W. ROYAL KNIGHTS of wisconsin is currently taking applications for corps director resumes can be sent to spechtrick@yahoo.com RICK SPECHT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR N.E.W. ROYAL KNIGHTS OF WISCONSIN

Most important question which needs to be answered prior to any competent person applying to become director: Where, and how, is the revenue being generated?

• Like 1